• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

New rigging idea.... totally cool!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I really hope someone on the DAZ or Poser side sees this and figures out how to bring that to our little cottage industry. Never seen rigging that works so naturally!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
True enough Pen but they would probably need some major code rewrites!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Why yes they are Pen. :p

Really love the black theme for these forums, wish there was a more slate tone to it rather than pitch black. I might have to get out my Color This Site and see what I can accomplish on my vacation next week.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, let me know what you come up with Richard, as I used Color This Site too for the old DAZ forums.

Of course, knowing you, whatever you come up with will probably be green, green and more green. ;)

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
It is actually rigged in maya. (you get a glimpse of the screen with the options on the right.)
This rigging is in fact possible in DS and Poser now that they have weight maps that can be painted. In addition the video shows IK, constraints and control rigging. (The hip and pelvis bone setup are also present to achieve this.) Most of this is not new in programs like Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, etc... It is just a matter of time, application and skill. We would need to have some alternative methods, but Poser 11 has the new linear joint options, which is how SM rigged the faces for Paul and Pauline. Control rigging is something we have done already, on a smaller less complex scale for the user. Body part grouping is a simple example. Ghost bones, ERC, and control handles are more advanced examples. The other programs do use splines for the controls, but we have options in DS and Poser.

Definitely cool stuff indeed!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
That's really great to know that it IS possible in both programs Paul! Thanks for chiming in! :)