• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

New rigging idea.... totally cool!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Not sure Pen. It was suggested from a bud from the Blender camp so maybe there but not sure............

HAPPY NEW YEAR almost! lol May we all have a prosperous, healthy and happy 2016 :p

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Happy New Year...where I am it's the 1/1/2016 10.05am! Interesting...I wonder how similar the facial rigging is to where they are heading with Gen3? IIRC the face is rigged as opposed to morphed expressions...sorry too tired this morning. Didn't get to sleep until around 2am and was up at 6 as the room was still hot and stuffy from the day before. At least today will be cooler...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
No fun. I know in other parts of the world it's summer or spring but here it's getting colder by the day. So been inside just working away at perfecting the Bruna makeup options, learning a bit more as I go along! lol It's a little after 5 PM here in California.

Not sure if it's even the same rigging hon. I think this is some new innovative rigging making use of IK. It's quite good. Seems that the Doctor Strange cape is rigged similarly so it all moves together. I love that!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I hate the hotter weather especially as we don't have airconditioning. The good news is we are planning to get it this year...not sure how we'll go getting it installed this summer though.

I've been working on Diva so I know exactly what you mean. There is always something new to learn or perfect.

It probably is different rigging but I was wondering if the concepts behind it were similar? It does look very good though.

Enjoy your New Years Eve!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I do my best work either in the early morning or late afternoon into evening. Just got through with the 3 evening makeups. I THINK I'm done with the makeups, after this render I'll find out! lol Then I gotta make the mats.

I did touch base with Paul and asked him about how the Training Set is coming along and asked if it was possible to have it in the store by the 13th, my BDay... would be nice to have that as a BDay pressie. I really, honestly, don't think I'm going to make a tone off of it but I did learn allot and can make use of that knowledge going forward.

I'm just staying home. I never go out for New Years anymore. I'm too old and have too many health issues that keep my wants and desires in check. This time of the year folks are running around having a great time with the flu and colds but just medicate so you never know who your going to kiss or hug or be around that might just be faking being healthy and I walk away with something brewing in my system that I didn't ask for. No thanks! lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sounds good Ram...

Yes it would be nice to have that as a birthday pressie!

I know what you mean...but I think it's a really great learning process to go through.

I didn't go out I can't be bothered these days in coping with the crowds. We used to do something special when we were younger though.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh yea, party central when I was younger. Get drunk, dance, make out with whomever... wake up on New Years Day and have a hair of the dog that bit me and go do some outrageous brunch with friends, go party some more and hope that I didn't have to work the next day! lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
rofl...I said to my daughter on New Years Eve that she should go out and live a little and then a moment later said 'On second thoughts don't...' lol

She doesn't go out to loud venues much as they give her migraines...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I remember going to this one dance bar and my friends LOVED to stand right in front of the speaker as they liked the way it vibrated through their bodies. I thought I was going to throw up. So I went over to the bar and hung out and talked to the cute bartender, he was fun to flirt with........... I then ended outside talking to this drag queen bouncer person. "She" was a hoot and a holler as we southerners say. So fun.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sounds like fun Ram...she went out with her cousin a few months back to a party and just found it too loud so ended up coming home early. Just can't handle the noise level.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've always been more of an celebrate quietly in the corner person. The more chaos and noise around me the more unhappy I feel. It's just so draining being in a room with a bunch of people or outside in a crowd.

Doesn't help that as I've gotten older, it's become harder to separate what people are saying from all the noise in the room. It would be so frustrating at our work holiday dinners in noise restaurants because I couldn't hear the conversation at my table. I felt like I was in some fuzzy bubble isolated from everyone else. And yet, the slightest sound in my apartment (such as a kitty leaping onto a stack of boxes in the wee hours of the morning) will wake me from sleep.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Happy New Year folks

Yea, as we get older there is something that goes wonky in our hearing that makes it harder and harder to separate out specific sounds or conversations. I have that happen at the salon all the time. Too many blow dryers going and chattering I can't figure out what my client is saying to me. Drives me crazy, I end up saying "sorry, I didn't get that" about million times! :sick:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes. It drives me absolutely crazy too. And I get embarrassed at having to say, I'm sorry, I couldn't hear what you said. Over ... and over ... and over. Of course, fortunately, most everyone in my department are also aging, so if they aren't experiencing that yet ... they will!

And then we will all be sitting around a holiday dinner table saying ... I'm sorry, I didn't hear what you said!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Drives me crazy in the classroom last year as I was in the middle of three grades with a classroom meant for two. However this year should be great as we're only two classrooms in the same space.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's a big room...think of two classrooms joined together with a space in the middle with an interactive whiteboard and space for the grades to sit together and watch things on the interactive.
Last year it was me in the middle complete with tables and chairs for children and we had three grade squished in when we watched something together.

There is some great stuff for kids on youtube like counting songs and brainpop junior...my kids used to do yoga during winter in the mornimg with Cosmic Kids on Youtube. Part of my program is something called move and groove where we have 10 minutes each day doing something that involves exercise.

In summer we go outside and we do a game like fruit salad or octopus. During Winter it's often too wet or cold so those days when we can't go outside we do yoga. It's a lot of fun and generally by the time we finish the whole grade has arrived. We get a lot of kids arriving late...excuses range from I slept in to I couldn't find my car keys. It's a good way to start the day and the kids don't want to miss out so they're more likely to arrive on time. :blossom: