• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Netherworks - FAQ and Q&A

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can't recall anyone having that problem when I was in grade school, or even high school. That said, however, 2 of the ladies on my web developers eList are both named Virginia, so we call them Virginia 1 (who joined the list first), and Virginia 2, though I usually call Virginia 2 Dr. V, since she has her PhD.

Boni

Inspired
Hi ... I have a question about the deltas feature in the Creator's Toolbox. I know that PP11 can export inj files and DAZ requires the cr2 editing in the deltas ... is this what this feature does "for me"? Also will you be selling any of these modules separately as for me $25 is a bit steep when I think I only need that module ... maybe I don't understand all that is necessary for character creation. I want to create new character for a variety of models including V4.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Boni, good to see you here at the Hive.

As far as your question for Joe/Netherworks, he's busy working on a project not related to his products here at HiveWire, and we're not sure when he'll be through with it, and back here to answer your question.

I saw your similar post on Renderosity's forum, but unfortunately, I don't know enough about character creation to answer it, but there might be someone else here that can give you some ideas on how to accomplish what you want, and what tools you need to get it done.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I think this has been asked else where but now I can't find it, with HCS when a hair has been converted the new hair prop/model is basically transparent in preview making it very hard to tell if it looks right. Is there any way round this? Changing the display setting doesn't effect how it looks either

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I think this has been asked else where but now I can't find it, with HCS when a hair has been converted the new hair prop/model is basically transparent in preview making it very hard to tell if it looks right. Is there any way round this? Changing the display setting doesn't effect how it looks either

Check to see if the Diffuse map is in the Diffuse setting instead of just AltDiffuse. It won't affect anything except the preview window if you copy it to Diffuse from AltDiffuse except that the map will show correctly in preview.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Check to see if the Diffuse map is in the Diffuse setting instead of just AltDiffuse. It won't affect anything except the preview window if you copy it to Diffuse from AltDiffuse except that the map will show correctly in preview.
There are no textures applied, the original hair shows up as normal but after converting it becomes very hard to see as only the parts furthest from the camera show up

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
There are no textures applied, the original hair shows up as normal but after converting it becomes very hard to see as only the parts furthest from the camera show up

I always copy over the textures, and if you don't then, I'm lost............no idea how to help.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
The original hair didn't load with textures either, a lot of the ones I have don't, and its only when converted that the visibility changes. Even applying a texture doesn't help.
I know I saw some else post about this and I think they got a work round but blowed if I can find it now

g081870h

New-Bee
I'm in need of some help. I'm looking for the ability to purchase older content - Samedi 2 and Laveau 2 and any props, poses etc for both. I cannot find these anywhere and I am working on a project that they are perfect for. please let me know how I can still get them...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, gO81870h, and welcome to HiveWire :)

Unfortunately, you can't, until when/if Joe (Netherworks) gets time to get these into our store.. :(.

You could try sending him a pm (start a conversation by mousing over your name at the top right of the forum page and pick "conversations"), but I'm not sure if he's checking messages or not.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Welcome to HiveWire from me as well. I just checked his store here at HiveWire, his store at Renderosity, and his store at Content Paradise, which does have a lot of his older products like Scarebear and Boi Bot, but not Samedi or Laveau. As Alisa mentioned, however, sending him a PM here might just get you a response from him.

I just don't know if anyone's tried to reach him recently, so don't know if he's still getting notices of PM's folks here have sent him.