• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Need Poser Help

Me195

Extraordinary
I'm not sure if it's the cause or not, but it looks like poser has decided for some reason to animate the x,y,and z translation of the pelvis. Kind of like this.
ExtendedHorse.jpg

The solution would be to open the animation pallet, select the pelvis's drop down menu, and see if there is any frame data in any of the translates or transB. If there is then delete them. Make sure to save all of your work before trying my suggestion.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah something is throwing everything off. Here's one with the shetland pony. Look how the hooves are off of the legs.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I sometimes turn them on to move the body but turn them off before I save the pose then apply them to a figure with them off. This has always worked in the past. It's like poser is busted or something.

Me195

Extraordinary
I sometimes turn them on to move the body but turn them off before I save the pose then apply them to a figure with them off. This has always worked in the past. It's like poser is busted or something.

It seems like for some reason it's saving your adjustments and then distorting them with it's curvy spline or tweening if animators still use that term.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Not at all! I appreciate the help. I also posted also in the Smith Mircro forum and they suggested I start a ticket which I did.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
And on the Shetland Pony one it like applying an IK chain on pose to a IK chain off figure.

D

Deleted member 325

You may just need to wipe the temp files, not the personal or prefs... let me get specifics on where those are stored for you.

D

Deleted member 325

And on the Shetland Pony one it like applying an IK chain on pose to a IK chain off figure.
Yes, that is exactly what it looks like - but you already mentioned checking that, which makes me think something got changed in the settings somewhere that is causing it to behave oddly. I am not as familiar with P11 as previous versions, so I am admittedly stumped.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
ou may just need to wipe the temp files, not the personal or prefs... let me get specifics on where those are stored for you.
Cool thank you! It has to be something in windows as I reinstalled windows and poser but kept my personal files.

D

Deleted member 325

I have a fairly busy day today, but can do some research to see what I can learn. This is the HW horse you are using? Are these your own poses or purchased somewhere? If they are poses I have or can obtain I can try to troubleshoot in my own P11 as well as P2014 and 2012 and see if I can lock down causes - though it will have to be in my spare time.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh geez! Thank you so much! These are my animated poses that have worked for years. Something broke in Poser yesterday after a grueling movie render. I can send you a copy of an animated pose if it would help.

D

Deleted member 325

It would. I need to run my dad to an appointment right now, but I can get you a link for a drop box folder when I get home. As I do animation myself, I can see this same problem eventually cropping up for me - so I figure I will help see if I can find the cause now.