• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Need Poser Help

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Today Poser was working fine then I applied a pose and noticed it had IK chain artifacts. So I checked the file I saved it from and IK chains weren't turned on. So I decided to do something else and applied a pose and it does this. I reinstalled Poser and deleted the preference files and it's still doing it. Any ideas? I wrote to Poser support but probably won't hear back from them until tomorrow.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've never seen anything like that before, so haven't a clue what could be causing it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
BTW Janet, have you ever been to the SM Poser Forum? Someone there may have an idea, as they're very knowledgeable folks.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Just an idea....could be way off....

Did you by chance try to pose the tail by having the tail selected?

Some pre-made poses require you to have the horse selected before trying to pose the parts........

maybe, maybe not?

Dim Reaper

New-Bee
Usually when I see something like this in Poser it's a result of using a pose designed for another figure. E.g. Using the Hivewire horse, but using a pose designed for the Smith Micro horse.
Does it do this with every pose from the set that you are using? Which horse is it? e.g. Hivewire, Daz, Smith Micro? Perhaps take a look in your Pose directory and see if there are another set of horse poses and then try one of those to see if you get the same effect.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
No it's doing it on both horses and these are animated poses I created.

D

Deleted member 325

Do you have a different version of poser to test the poses in? Sometimes I have seen poses, figures, or props that worked fine in one version of poser break in a newer version. It's rare, and I am unsure of all of the causes, but it's the best I can think of right now.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you. Poser 11 is all I have. I was working fine till yesterday afternoon. I'm getting ready to reinstall windows :/

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Poser, the program you love to hate! Ok gonna reinstall Windows. That should fix it.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you for that. I looked it over and I don't think helped. Here is what happens when I apply an Aeros pose to the figure.

Rats I'll need to download an ftp program then show the image.

D

Deleted member 325

here's a thought... did you render one of these frames and are these distortions in the render?
It may be a display issues (graphics card, Open GL support, settings, etc...)
I sometimes have some odd things happen in Poser 2012 and 2014 when posing certain figures that ened p being just in preview mode do to some issues with the display/graphics card capabilities.

Also, you had said that Poser had been working fine, then this behavior started later in the day - did any software update or did you install anything new at all - even something that may seem unrelated?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
They show up in renders too. No updates that I know of. I did render several movies with 5 shetland ponies in it. The last time I pushed my machine that hard I got the Poser won't open executable file and had to delete the preferences. When I reinstalled windows I kept my personal files, maybe I'll need to wipe it completely :/