• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nataani for Dusk

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh thanks for that tidbit Rob. I hadn't tried it out in PP11 as yet, as I'm still playing with SuperFly Renders.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

It's okay, Wolffie. I am not upset. Not at all. This thread is probably close to done anyway now, since I submitted the Poser version to QA this morning. And hey, if it can jump off to help folks with other stuff, it's all good by me. :)

Semideu gave up 3D vendoring.

That's really too bad. He had some good stuff, honestly. But I suppose we were bound to lose at least some vendors in the process as well, unfortunately...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know. I just saw your link to it in a post on the SM Poser forums, so his products are still at RDNA. I would've thought he'd bring his products here, but he must have some reason for getting out of the Poserverse altogether.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I was able to purchase the scripts but they don't work in Poser 11. I can get the Advanced Material one to work but I have to click on it right in the folder where they .py lives. So perhaps there is a little hack I can add to the py's to get them to show in the menu, not sure. It's really a shame.

RobZhena

Adventurous
FORTUNATELY Semidieu's scripts are still available at RDNA. His Advanced Shaders seems to work fine in Poser 11 Pro.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Not from where I'm sitting. This particular script doesn't show up in Poser 11 but I can use it if I actually double click on the py file from within it's native directory, which is strange but it does work. It was brought to my attention though that these scripts can't be used by those that don't have the script themselves. So that's no good. I had no idea. Should have read more about it before the purchase. Oh well...

RobZhena

Adventurous
Some products by vyktoria and lululee use the script in the background, which is what I meant by "works," but you are right--you have to have installed the script. Of course, it's free!

Kerya

Brilliant
Some products by vyktoria and lululee use the script in the background, which is what I meant by "works," but you are right--you have to have installed the script. Of course, it's free!

Well - the problem now is - if a vendor (and Richard wants to sell his Dawn character) RELIES on that script and that script vanishes at the end of the year ... customers are going to be unhappy ...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well - the problem now is - if a vendor (and Richard wants to sell his Dawn character) RELIES on that script and that script vanishes at the end of the year ... customers are going to be unhappy ...

Yes, and that is exactly why I will not release any commercial product that REQUIRES a third-party script of that nature. That's why the LIE preset dirt overlays I've been working on are going to most likely end up being DS-only, or, if they DO make it into Poser, they will have an unfortunately huge reduction in versatility compared to what they can do in DS, because I won't ask people to pay money for something that relies on a third party script that could disappear at any time.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Kerya, that.. actually... looks a lot more promising than anything else I've seen thus far. It looks like it might actually function similarly to the LIE editor in Studio.... and it looks like the underlying Python is a free/open source thing? I'll definitely be looking into it. I did an initial read-through on the tutorial link you posted (the second link).

Sorry for distracting this thread so far ...

LOL. Don't worry. Ironically enough, this isn't as far off-topic as it might seem. The LIE dirt overlays started out as material options for Nataani in the first place, and I ended up with too much content to have an affordable package, so I've split the overlays off into their own separate pack. But they actually started right here in this thread in the early pages! :)