• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

mythological erotica figures for Dawn and Dusk?

Would Hivewire3D be willing to make mythological erotic art figures, such as loup garous, werewolves, mermaids and merman, and ipotanes, fauns, and satyres for their title line of figures? Some believe that some type of mythological creatures cannot be done in an erotic manner; I think otherwise. I have checked the content restrictions on how best to show this photo without violating the terms of service. This is what my style of mythological creatures offer the community and I hope you would be willing to offer your customers:

Look for more of my concepts in the mythological erotic art collection gallery of my site at
AminAun on DeviantArt

Please note that the figures I use are alpha prototypes based on brand names I would rather not mention, And I would prefer the concepts be redone with your products. My Only question is can Dusk and Dawn work with Poser 6 and above or is it true that the requirement for the figures functioning is Poser 9? My one recommendation is that having farther backward compatibility to customers disadvantaged in upgrading Poser, but able to buy your products, may still bring in more profits.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
HW is going to start supporting from P10 & DS4.8 and above but that doesn't mean it will work on in those versions, things may still work in older versions but they are not going to support earlier. HiveWire To Support Poser 10/Pro 2014 And DAZ Studio 4.8 And Above

Also as this is a family site I don't think they would allow "erotic" anything, but if those figures were clothed then there wouldn't be a problem (as long as the image was not sexual in nature, sensual is fine as long as it is safe for children to look at).

Also as this is a family site I don't think they would allow "erotic" anything, but if those figures were clothed then there wouldn't be a problem (as long as the image was not sexual in nature, sensual is fine as long as it is safe for children to look at).

Are you a representative of Hivewire3D?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
NightmareHero, the HW family of figures are all weight mapped and require Poser 9 and above because weight mapping was/is not supported in earlier versions of Poser.

All right, since that is the trend to go with the latest program, then I ask you Glitterati3D, are you in agreement with Rae134 statement that this is a family friendly site and shouldn't showcase any erotic products, no matter how tasteful they may be?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
All right, since that is the trend to go with the latest program, then I ask you Glitterati3D, are you in agreement with Rae134 statement that this is a family friendly site and shouldn't showcase any erotic products, no matter how tasteful they may be?

Not my place to say, NH. I'm not a site owner.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
By themselves, your characters don't strike me as erotic ... though they are a wee bit exaggerated in terms of the female form. Which isn't all that different than the superheros/heroines and villains in the comic books I read as a youngun. Renders and promos similar to what you have in your DA gallery would definitely fail the PG-13 rating, as well as not meet the terms of the TOS and Content Creation Guidelines. "Of, relating to, or tending to arouse sexual desire or excitement" doesn't really fit in with "We will not be displaying genitals, pubic hair, crotch shots, or the adult female bare nipples,"

The Contributing Artist-Guidelines for Submitting Content Genitals section states:
[QUOTE="]To that end, HiveWire 3D will not allow products that are represented beyond what is considered tasteful nudity. This means that we will allow a character product that has nude texture maps of external genitals, but for example, they cannot be displayed or presented beyond what one might find in a college figure painting or drawing class. Any product submitted to HiveWire 3D must not include any details in the OBJ mesh that would not be considered tasteful, this includes image textures or material settings. We also will not accept genitals that are displayed or modeled to be anything beyond what would be considered normal, or relaxed or flaccid.[/QUOTE]

I love the textures on your creatures, and the facial features on this one is rather cool. Clothed, I don't see any reason why your characters wouldn't fit in with a PG-13 rating.

Drop "erotic" from your descriptions and art, and your mythological creatures created for Dusk and Dawn would probably be PG-13. What you and others do with your mythological creatures is your and their business.

You might submit your question to HiveWire through the Support Page as a General Questions or Suggestions support ticket. While Chris, Lisa, and Alisa do read the forums and respond, most of the posts are going to be from fellow members who are all going to state HiveWire is a family friendly site. Some of us may do nude or erotic art, but we don't display it here where it's pretty much kiddy and work safe.

I could never refer my employer to the DAZ store for content, but I'd have no problem referring my employer to HiveWire3D. That's important to me.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
:yeahthat:
Are you a representative of Hivewire3D?
No, but it was late and I was too tired to find the TOS and Content Guidelines last night. I had read them before (and various other discussions on the subject) and what I wrote was a very basic interpretation of them, Satira was more eloquent in her response. :)

I didn't mean to come across that your characters would not be welcome, creatures would be a very welcome addition (and I know quite a few of us would like a mermaid or two).
Its just nearly all your DA art would not be allowed, but something like MoonTree for example would pass, you just might have to put her in a skimpy bikini or some strategically placed foliage. It just has to be PG to be on this site. I like your creature above, its something I'd put in my runtime, especially if she was built on Dawn so I could use HW clothing.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just had a quick look at one of your mermaids and something like that could be done using bodybuilder morphs and some of the ear morphs. The only thing we're currently without would be a mermaid tail. Which I have begun but put on the too hard pile as I still need to learn to rig it properly. I'm doing Esha's tutorials soon so hopefully it may get some more work done on it after that. When I do I will probably release a mermaid character also but this is probably a few months away as I work full time. I would be interested in some mythological/fantasy characters also.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Give the staff time and they will answer your questions and will ask questions of their own.
It is a family site so full nudity, any sexual poses or touching are not allowed.

I have two character morphs for Dawn and Dusk slated to finish that are non-human types but still follow these guidelines.

Be patient till the staff can ask what you fully mean and are able to answer the questions.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hi FL, I don't know if you realized, as I didn't at first, but this thread is 2 years old (2016), not recent. ;)