• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

My Nickie cat....

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Oh Lyne, I am so, so sorry for your loss.
I know Noodles is our last pet and I just can't imagine a life without the pitter-patter of paws. I am so sorry to hear this. This must be so hard for you right now.
:grouphug:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks again, I'm working on an epic poem to express my loss, but mainly the good year's memories...

my best lines so far:

We did the best we could, we had a loving run,
Now I pray your in heaven, sleeping in the sun.
~Lyne's Creations

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Ah, the Rainbow Bridge has been around for a while, probably before Fb started up. It's a bridge those non humans travel over at lifes end.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ah, the Rainbow Bridge has been around for a while, probably before Fb started up. It's a bridge those non humans travel over at lifes end.
:yeahthat: Before I got interested in 3D graphics, I was a global moderator on a then popular 2D graphics forum, and I think about 80% of the membership had cats/kittens or dogs/puppies, so it became a phrase I often saw posted on the forum over the years I was an active member there.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Today I'm just SO ANGRY... really am going through the stages of grief I guess... sorry if I'm not in the mood for much talk, I DO READ your replies and appreciate your 'being there' for me!!!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
thanks all... but with the latest from the vet today, I've had to make THE decision. I'm broken up but I found out we'd have to take him OFF all cortisone before starting a new one, which means his IBS and pancreatitis could really go crazy... and with MY health issues/age/emotional situation, I can't go on trying to help them 'cast about in the dark' to balance all his health needs, let alone me trying to manage all HIS meds when I'm having to manage mine... my beloved daughter in law told me that this is a LOVING kind thing to do for him... cats get a 'look' physically that says they are at the end and Nickie's had that look for the past year, increasingly bad... he is suffering from multiple things wrong that are difficult to care for together... at age 13... well... he's had a good and very loving life with me... my ex is driving up after work as soon as he can, and the vet stays open late normally... I'm very very broken up but I have lots of support I'm 'calling in' to help me, help Nickie. I won't have any more pets...which is another ending to my life/age... it's all hard to deal with... I REALLY have to find a new therapist, since my previous one had to stop with the law of no 'out of state' phone therapists.... but at least I have my son, his wife and my friends to be there...
So sorry to see this Lyne...:grouphug:

quietrob

Extraordinary
You made the right choice, Lyne. You made the fair, adult choice and that isn't easy to do.

Don't give up on having a pet Lyne. A pet needs you like you need a pet. You're never alone, never betrayed. Like children, if you're mad at each other you always make up. My parents thought they would never get another pet once they hit their 70's. My sister got them a shelter pet, a dog. I can tell you they are all glad they did. You can never replace a loved one, whether pet or human, but if you have time enough to love, you should share that love while you can.

Hornet3d

Wise
Today I'm just SO ANGRY... really am going through the stages of grief I guess... sorry if I'm not in the mood for much talk, I DO READ your replies and appreciate your 'being there' for me!!!

Anger is part of the grief process for many, although some do not admit it thinking it is somehow wrong. Although so many here will understand what you are going through grief is a very personal process, there is no right or wrong way.

Hornet3d

Wise
You made the right choice, Lyne. You made the fair, adult choice and that isn't easy to do.

Don't give up on having a pet Lyne. A pet needs you like you need a pet. You're never alone, never betrayed. Like children, if you're mad at each other you always make up. My parents thought they would never get another pet once they hit their 70's. My sister got them a shelter pet, a dog. I can tell you they are all glad they did. You can never replace a loved one, whether pet or human, but if you have time enough to love, you should share that love while you can.

Taking on a pet certainly gets more difficult as you get older but I do agree with you that if you can help a pet then all the better. I am now reaching the stage where many would stop having pets I have a Lurcher at the moment and we are growing old together but another Lurcher of his age when I adopted him would be out of the question when the inevitable happens. My plan at the moment would be to adopt a much older dog that tends to struggle to find a home, the relationship might be short lived but I would rather give the dog a good life for the time he/she had left rather than spend his/her days in a rescue center.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've twice made the decision not to adopt another cat. After Sushi, it was because of the grief. She was my heart. With Taeyn, it was because of my age. So when I adopted her, it was with the intention that she would be my last pet. But, by the time I had to euthanize Taeyn, I had changed my mind. Turns out, I need a companion to love. Tsuki has made it harder to grief for Taeyn. Not that I don't! But, she is such a delight that even when I'm sad, she makes me feel so much better ... especially as she's still doing silly kittenish things at 19 months.

Like yesterday, when she tried to jump onto the desk, missed and fell backward. Since she was right beside me, I got my hand under her as she started falling backwards. So there she was, sprawled on her back, over my hand and arm.

I'm almost ashamed to say I laughed. But, her expression was so funny, you know? Like ... oh crap. The whole world saw me being clumsy!

Even if the whole world at the time was just me.

Hornet3d

Wise
I've twice made the decision not to adopt another cat. After Sushi, it was because of the grief. She was my heart. With Taeyn, it was because of my age. So when I adopted her, it was with the intention that she would be my last pet. But, by the time I had to euthanize Taeyn, I had changed my mind. Turns out, I need a companion to love. Tsuki has made it harder to grief for Taeyn. Not that I don't! But, she is such a delight that even when I'm sad, she makes me feel so much better ... especially as she's still doing silly kittenish things at 19 months.

Like yesterday, when she tried to jump onto the desk, missed and fell backward. Since she was right beside me, I got my hand under her as she started falling backwards. So there she was, sprawled on her back, over my hand and arm.

I'm almost ashamed to say I laughed. But, her expression was so funny, you know? Like ... oh crap. The whole world saw me being clumsy!

Even if the whole world at the time was just me.

That's what makes having a pet so much fun, the laughs and the love that they supply without question. Sadly you cannot have the love without the hurt when they are no longer here. Part of me wishes that the life span of a dog was much longer than a human but then I know I would worry about me going and leaving my pal behind. I hate being separated and when I am in hospital, which I tend to be more times than I would like, I miss his companionship and the laughs at a time when I need both so much.