• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

My latest hobby....

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I blame my neighbour at our 'summer residence' for this latest addiction. It has taken me away from my Poser work for the past weeks, while I do have 2 projects for poses ready to start though.

What to do with your Poser Art?! Hmmmm......
Diamond Painting. Yesss,....printed out on a canvas with a sticky layer I paint - with little sparkly stones by number.

Like one from a work of Art I did a while ago.
Cherub02.jpg

This one is finished by now and waiting for a frame. It did spark some idea's. I want to create a triptych - yes I had to google translate that word from Dutch LOL - of some photo's I made of our doxie with my smartphone.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
It does, doesn't it.
It are teeny tiny stones that have been cut like diamonds, with facets. I think they are a hard type of plastic but the facets do reflect the light nicely. Most people do ready made images but I have my own and we do tend to think outside the box alot in my family when it comes to creating things.
I like to mix & match stuff, not just software LOL

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree with Janet. I also thought it was some type of needle work until I realized it was shiny. I've not seen any that's done with shiny stones. Very interesting idea for sure.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Amazing Pom, really amazing work. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Amazing Pom, really amazing work. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before.

It's actually a whole trend, if you would google Diamond Painting you would find a whole community/bussiness in it.
I had never heard of it either. But you can buy ready made sets. Like with needlepoint.

Do you do that with a brush or stone by stone?

Stone by stone.

My neighbour at the recreation park does it, she introduced me to it. I asked her if I could have my own images/photo's printed on canvas and have it made into a diamond painting set and she told me it was possible. I started with the cherub but now I'm working on these photo's of our doxie.
They are turning out soooo beautifull, probably because they are black & white. Turns out alot of people are doing this.
It has my creative juices flowing.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh very nice!

An advertisement just came up on FB for diamond painting showing how it's done. Looks like fun!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Looks great Pom. I think its great to do your own.

I'm a bit hesitant to order a pre-made one as I've seen a lot them are of stolen art :(

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Yes, there will be 3 of these. Black & white close ups. So I'm framing the cherub first as a test.
Then I'll get 3 identical frames for the 3 dog images.
God knows I have never been so "in love" with a pet as with this doxie. Maybe because deep down I realize it's probably our last pet.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Got the first one framed. It's the right size for it I think.

Cherub03.jpg

I started with the second one of the dog's triptych.

NoedelsFoto02A.jpg

Coming tomorrow I will have to start re-organizing my office though and get started with my poses again. It's been 'calling' me. Crazy thing this, since I stopped working I just don't have enough hours in the day LOL

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
@Miss B , I'm losing the patience aswell LOL
Will make another one for my niece as a suprise. She has this gorgeous black horse and he is humongous but she handles him like he is a puppy. LOL
We have a couple of photo's to try. But that will be the last one for a while. Anyone else will have to pay LOL