• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

MULTIPLE Dawn files... which do I install???

Llola Lane

Adventurous
same rendering situation.. I like the Original Dawn best!
2 DAWN colors.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome for the hugs! Any time! It's very very hard to lose family and good friends, I know :(. Glad you have the videos to help make you smile! As Hornet said, healing is a very individual process, and this is VERY recent anyway.

Long story Alisa... not using poser .. yet... trying in Daz... there are poser files that we can use in Daz.. the hair loads in the poser section.. but not the bikini... something about "error loading morphBinaryFile on line 7....." whatEver that means.. lol

You shouldn't use ANY of the Poser version of Dawn in DAZ Studio - you need to use the DAZ Studio files (those in zips ending in -ds.zip) and bring in through the DAZ Studio format section. Dawn is weightmapped and the weightmapping is different in the 2 versions.

The texture files (Runtime\Textures) are the same for both.

Llola Lane

Adventurous
There are no rules when it comes to healing and dealing with bereavement for everyone the process is very different, and individual. He clearly loved talking to you so you gave him so much happiness in those years so it is good that you can still smile. I hope it comes better with time and your smiles only grow bigger but be kind to yourself while this happens.
Doing my best.. Thank you Hornet ;)

Llola Lane

Adventurous
Welcome for the hugs! Any time! It's very very hard to lose family and good friends, I know :(. Glad you have the videos to help make you smile! As Hornet said, healing is a very individual process, and this is VERY recent anyway.

You shouldn't use ANY of the Poser version of Dawn in DAZ Studio - you need to use the DAZ Studio files (those in zips ending in -ds.zip) and bring in through the DAZ Studio format section. Dawn is weightmapped and the weightmapping is different in the 2 versions.

The texture files (Runtime\Textures) are the same for both.
Yes Alisa.. I am aware of that.. but I do like to experiment... I'm not saying it's wrong.. I just was surprised at the differences with the 3 downloads I had. I have several Dawns in the Daz files too. I'm spilling all over with Dawn.. lol

Llola Lane

Adventurous
This is SR2 Dawn (no original Dawn file... so only choice I have) in the Daz files section... Still the like the coloring of the original Poser version of Dawn the best.
1 DAWN colors.jpg

Llola Lane

Adventurous
also.. just noticed there is no bump or displacement with the Dawn Daz files... I'll have to play with those to get Dawn not looking so mannequin. Or else I have to break out the Poser 9! Been a while since I've used it. Darn that hard drive... reuploading my runtimes is taking a LOT of time... lol
Below is with a little displacement playing... She's beginning to look less mannequin.. YAY. Got more playing to do though.. this is just her face.

1 DAWN colors displacement.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There should be bumps (my SR2 loads with all of them on except for face and ears, but it does for the lips so go figure :p). Not sure what render engine you are using (they load with 3Delight mats).

Just in case you are curious if you like your skins pink you'll love the new SE texture :D
This is SR2 next to SE, all I've done is used the Iray settings from SE on SR2 but didn't change the textures and rendered in Iray with just 3 lights (no hdri, just front and 2 rims). I've only added it as thumbnail so not to be big in you thread, just click to view larger. The older skin could still be tweaked to look even better, just thought you might be interested in the difference between the 2 almost out of the box.
dawn comparison.jpg

Llola Lane

Adventurous
There should be bumps (my SR2 loads with all of them on except for face and ears, but it does for the lips so go figure :p). Not sure what render engine you are using (they load with 3Delight mats).

Just in case you are curious if you like your skins pink you'll love the new SE texture :D
This is SR2 next to SE, all I've done is used the Iray settings from SE on SR2 but didn't change the textures and rendered in Iray with just 3 lights (no hdri, just front and 2 rims). I've only added it as thumbnail so not to be big in you thread, just click to view larger. The older skin could still be tweaked to look even better, just thought you might be interested in the difference between the 2 almost out of the box.
View attachment 34026

oo yes Rae.. I love the pinky one... I don't use Iray.. only 3Delight... Not rendered much with my Poser 9... I keep falling back on Daz... It's what I'm used to...
The renders I did above are 'out of the box' .. so no bump or diffuse maps are ON for me.. not even the textures are there.. I had to grab them from the folder and manually put them there. Weird... I'll try installing it again.. maybe I messed with something. Thanks for the sample.

Llola Lane

Adventurous
hum.. don't use Dawn that much... Gonna have to think on it... I see she's on sale for a bit... Can't think too long.. lol... Thanks Alisa

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've got a render cooking at the moment but I can do a 3Delight one for you later if you want :)

I do like SE, she comes with some extra faces that are really cute too. Not sure I can help with the bumps not loaded, like I said mine load for body/limbs and lips but not face or ears (but you could add that manually).

Llola Lane

Adventurous
I've got a render cooking at the moment but I can do a 3Delight one for you later if you want :)

I do like SE, she comes with some extra faces that are really cute too. Not sure I can help with the bumps not loaded, like I said mine load for body/limbs and lips but not face or ears (but you could add that manually).
Yes please Rae.. thanks.. I'd love to see her in 3D... maybe I'll use her more if she doesn't look so jaundice... I've not checked the other parts of the body for bump/displacement.. like I said.. the textures are there.. they are just not loading ON the body... I'll have to make a new preset once I have the maps figured the way I like them. I look forward to your render :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just added the bump back to the face/ears. I don't do 3DL usually so I've just used a pre made light set (omnifreaker) but I'm not that happy with it (I need to find some nice neutral light). And its probably not a fair comparison since one is "omHumanSurface" shader and the other is "AoA_Subsurface"

3DL comparison.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I personally think Dawn SE is a big improvement on the original Dawn, I did not use the original much but Dawn SE is my go to figure. The original Dawn was very distinctive and at was hard to create characters without showing it was clearly Dawn based, it is much easier with Dawn SE.

Llola Lane

Adventurous
I just added the bump back to the face/ears. I don't do 3DL usually so I've just used a pre made light set (omnifreaker) but I'm not that happy with it (I need to find some nice neutral light). And its probably not a fair comparison since one is "omHumanSurface" shader and the other is "AoA_Subsurface"

View attachment 34031
AThank you Rae.. I do prefer the pinkier one... although I'd have to try my lighting set to know for sure... she's a little too pink... but the one on the left is to yellow... (sighs)... Gotta find a happy medium... I may have to play and make my own Dawn to be happy. lol Thanks for sharing.

Llola Lane

Adventurous
I prefer the look of SR2, as I'm not fond of the pinky look. The yellowish one is easier to make more natural just by reducing the saturation a bit.
So funny Bonnie how we all have different preferences... I was just thinking I may have to make my own Dawn to be happy... I love experimenting... I'll try your saturation tip. Thanks :)

Llola Lane

Adventurous
I personally think Dawn SE is a big improvement on the original Dawn, I did not use the original much but Dawn SE is my go to figure. The original Dawn was very distinctive and at was hard to create characters without showing it was clearly Dawn based, it is much easier with Dawn SE.
I have her on my wish list.. there's a bundle with a bunch of morphs that I don't have.. so it may be a while til I can buy it... although... I did get some Christmas money... humm (thinks)