• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

MULTIPLE Dawn files... which do I install???

Llola Lane

Adventurous
My hard drive went pftz a few months ago and I had to get a new one... Now I'm spending my time reloading content... problem is.. I have 3 different DAWN files... Dawn.. Dawn SR1 and Dawn SR2... Do I need to install all of them??? Hope someone knows.. Thanks.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hiya! Long time no see!!

Definitely re-download things to be sure you have the latest versions. The morph packs will work with any Dawn, but you need to use the current versions

As for which Dawn, of those, I'd just go with SR2. That pack added more morphs and the only issue is that you may need to turn off the ThighAdjustment Control if you use some characters/figures created for the original or SR1. Instructions on how to find the control to turn it off are in the ReadMe's Important Info section :)

Hope that helps!

Llola Lane

Adventurous
ok.. update... Found the morphs in SR2... but no textures for the hair/bathingsuit.. etc.. so I'll have to put those in.. otherwise .. the files seem to be all there.

Llola Lane

Adventurous
Hiya! Long time no see!!

Definitely re-download things to be sure you have the latest versions. The morph packs will work with any Dawn, but you need to use the current versions

As for which Dawn, of those, I'd just go with SR2. That pack added more morphs and the only issue is that you may need to turn off the ThighAdjustment Control if you use some characters/figures created for the original or SR1. Instructions on how to find the control to turn it off are in the ReadMe's Important Info section :)

Hope that helps!
<--waves to Alisa... yes.. thanks.. I'm playing now. Happy New Year... hope you have been well.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
2017 was a bit challenging, but looking forward to 2018 :) Hope you are good!

ok.. update... Found the morphs in SR2... but no textures for the hair/bathingsuit.. etc.. so I'll have to put those in.. otherwise .. the files seem to be all there.

There are separate zips for those that are for both programs.

Llola Lane

Adventurous
Thanks Alisa.. I'm finding all the files.. I got the Daz textures to work... but the Poser ones don't seem to work...
November my hard drive went.. so been a struggle to get all my content back... Christmas was stressful... Our cat was sick and had to get her on the mend.. she's all back to normal... My 2018 is starting off horrible.. I just lost a great friend to Kidney Disease... :( I'm gonna miss him terribly... He helped me a lot with my art and writing. It will take time for my 2018 to get better.. but I'm hopeful ;) Aren't you glad you asked? lol

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
oh, yuck. Sooo sorry to hear all this.

:grouphug:

Still glad I asked so I could give you that hug!

As to Dawn..You're using Poser 9 or higher, correct? What isn't working?

Llola Lane

Adventurous
ok.. I've downloaded all the Dawn files and I still can't get the bathing suit to show up on Dawn in Daz/Poser files... It used to... and...
Now that I have all the files loaded... I have 3 different color Dawns... LOL... I guess variety is the spice of life.. right?
Just a quick screen render in Daz... no lights... but still funny how they all look a different color... LOL
3 DAWN colors.jpg

Llola Lane

Adventurous
oh, yuck. Sooo sorry to hear all this.

:grouphug:

Still glad I asked so I could give you that hug!

As to Dawn..You're using Poser 9 or higher, correct? What isn't working?
Long story Alisa... not using poser .. yet... trying in Daz... there are poser files that we can use in Daz.. the hair loads in the poser section.. but not the bikini... something about "error loading morphBinaryFile on line 7....." whatEver that means.. lol
I'll try in Poser 9 later.. this is all Daz so far. The Daz files DO work.. so I'm good there.. Just a bit puzzled about the Poser files.. they used to work on my old hard drive :(

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Alisa.. I'm finding all the files.. I got the Daz textures to work... but the Poser ones don't seem to work...
November my hard drive went.. so been a struggle to get all my content back... Christmas was stressful... Our cat was sick and had to get her on the mend.. she's all back to normal... My 2018 is starting off horrible.. I just lost a great friend to Kidney Disease... :( I'm gonna miss him terribly... He helped me a lot with my art and writing. It will take time for my 2018 to get better.. but I'm hopeful ;) Aren't you glad you asked? lol

Sorry to hear about the loss of a great friend and at the start of a New Year. Don't forget though that the help he provided with your art and writing is still with you and so will live on in all that you create. I hope you get everything working soon and that your year improves.

Llola Lane

Adventurous
Sorry to hear about the loss of a great friend and at the start of a New Year. Don't forget though that the help he provided with your art and writing is still with you and so will live on in all that you create. I hope you get everything working soon and that your year improves.
Thank you kindly Hornet... gonna be a while... but healing comes long for me.. I take my friendships VEEERY seriously. We used to talk every night for the past 10 years... I'm so alone without his voice to cheer me at night... I found a few videos he did.. so he's still making me smile :)

Hornet3d

Wise
ok.. I've downloaded all the Dawn files and I still can't get the bathing suit to show up on Dawn in Daz/Poser files... It used to... and...
Now that I have all the files loaded... I have 3 different color Dawns... LOL... I guess variety is the spice of life.. right?
Just a quick screen render in Daz... no lights... but still funny how they all look a different color... LOL
View attachment 34019

I don't know DS but in Poser if there are no lights the figures are black unless the ambient is set so that the materials glow. Part of the difference would appear to be specular related as the is reflection in the eyes of the figure on the left but not on the other two.

Llola Lane

Adventurous
I don't know DS but in Poser if there are no lights the figures are black unless the ambient is set so that the materials glow. Part of the difference would appear to be specular related as the is reflection in the eyes of the figure on the left but not on the other two.
agreed... Daz is the program I use all the time... I like a more pinky tone to my characters... funny... the pinkish one is the ORIGINAL Dawn character. I like her tone the best. LOL

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you kindly Hornet... gonna be a while... but healing comes long for me.. I take my friendships VEEERY seriously. We used to talk every night for the past 10 years... I'm so alone without his voice to cheer me at night... I found a few videos he did.. so he's still making me smile :)

There are no rules when it comes to healing and dealing with bereavement for everyone the process is very different, and individual. He clearly loved talking to you so you gave him so much happiness in those years so it is good that you can still smile. I hope it comes better with time and your smiles only grow bigger but be kind to yourself while this happens.