• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Much To Learn You Still Have…my Old Padawan. … This Is Just The Beginning!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No problem Richard a dress like that will be easy to use the transfer utility with. I would be able to get it working for my own personal use quite quickly...of course would take longer for something that you could distribute but for my own use it would be easy.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I will probably put the dress up in a couple of days. I'll add a few textures for it as well.

This will be just a dynamic item for Poser, sorry Studio users.

All the best.

Richard
Kewl, and I know your textures will be great. You have a knack for texturing clothing. ;)

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I've enjoyed reading...

So far I do everything from start to "ready to simulate" in Blender, then move to Poser. It took a LOT of getting used to, but I have found Blender's UV Editor to be fantastic. If you are really worried about seams, you can take all the vertices of a hem, line them up individually on the UV map, and then take all the vertices from the other side of the hem and do the same. Usually I don't, though, because I try to avoid seams as much as possible. One other neat thing I discovered in Blender, is if you model only one half of the outfit and set up the UV layout then, when you use a Mirror modifier to create the other half of the outfit, the UV is created automatically for the other half, and it is a perfect mirror image of the first half. Translation: texture maps meet perfectly at the center, and as a bonus, the texture artist has to only put together a map for half the outfit.

Miss B

CV-BEE
YES!!! I've been using Blender for years, and I also love doing my UV mapping in Blender.

One thing I forgot the first time I used the Mirror modifer . . . I forgot to then weld the verts on the front and back where the two sides met. ~headdesk~ Only happened the one time, but boy after cursing a blue streak, I actually started laughing after I added the Subdivision modifier. I should've saved a screenshot of that as a reminder. ;)

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
Sorry about how long this has taken, but I have been ill for a bit, fine now and then.....

Found out that the UV wasn't as good as I thought so, I had to relearn doing it via Headus UVLayout.

This is a test render with Poser materials, but... as I now know that there is a script to get Poser dynamics into Studio I will be doing the textures as texture file that will work in both versions.

All the best.

Richard

Dawn TShirt Dress 002.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, hope you're feeling much better Richard. I was wondering why you've been so quiet of late.

Anyway, the dress looks good, and I like those textures. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Richard,

I hope you are doing better now. Been wondering what happened. Nice to see something from you.

And that dress is absolutely gorgeous... I really like the cut of the fabric a lot. :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Glad to see you back, Richard, and hope you stay well.

Love the dress, it's very chic. And the fabrics are tres belle :)

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
Feeling better than I did, but a bit to go yet.

I have 2 sets of textures ready to put together. A basic coloured one and a flowery one.

Yes, all textures will be mix and match for the dress.

All the best.

Richard

Miss B

CV-BEE
Looking good Richard. The floral fabric is a nice harbinger of Spring which, for me, can't come soon enough.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hot damn sir, you're on a roll. I'm really liking that first Sci-Fi top. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh I did something similar with a large circle in Marvelous Designer to make a cape. Nice. :)