• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Much To Learn You Still Have…my Old Padawan. … This Is Just The Beginning!

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
MD does tri's which are good for Substance painter, but I would need to put into ZBrush to remesh it back to quads.

All the best.

Richard

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, absolutely, because I don't like working with Tris as a whole. Sometimes you'll need a few in spots for shaping, but I'd much rather work with Quads.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Richard, I have a silly question for you. (Or maybe not so silly.)

Which modeler did you use to save your starter suit for Dusk? I ask because when I import it into Blender, it's absolutely tiny next to Dusk (which I exported out of DS in DazStudio scale).

Also, even if I try to import it into DS directly, I can't seem to bring it in at the proper scale no matter which scale option I choose on the import dialogue.

So I'm just curious which program you used to make the mesh? Because if I can't get it imported to DS at the right scale, it's certainly not going to rig to Dusk very well. I'm sure it's something I am doing wrong - I just don't know WHAT that "something wrong" is! LOL

(I considered doing this as a separate thread, but couldn't really see putting the question anywhere else... since you have your thread going here, I figured this would be a better spot to ask...)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
From memory Seliah, he did it at poser scale...so you need to import it in to DS using Poser scale.

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
I always work in Silo for starter sets, and yes, I have noticed that certain programs have problems. I tried it in Hexagon and it kept crashing it for some reason.

All the best.

Richard

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I always work in Silo for starter sets, and yes, I have noticed that certain programs have problems. I tried it in Hexagon and it kept crashing it for some reason.

All the best.

Richard

Thanks, Richard. It's not a crash issue, it's more I was trying to figure out what scale I need to export Dusk at to work with the suit, and I was having difficulty getting it imported to DS at the right scale to begin with. I have a DOF render that's currently finishing up in Studio at the moment. I will try it again later tonight. I'm sure it had to be something I was doing wrong, because I know I had gotten it into DS and was working with it in Blender before! LOL

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
So.... what do you do when a store you go to is taken over by another company.

You rant, you rave and in the end.....

The world still revolves, it becomes lighter in the morning and darker at night and to be honest now.... There are worse things happening in the world.

Even if all Poser content stopped now, I still have so much stuff, that I probably haven't used, that I could quite happily carry on with what I am doing.

In the end, it's down to what you want to do with your programs.

If you are a vendor, well, time to find a new home if you don't agree with the new company. There ARE other sites.

To content users, SUPPORT those that make your items, without them you have to work with what you have.

To content makers, and with this I mean freebie makers, strive to be as professional as possible and produce things that people will enjoy using.

I'm lucky, I can make things for what I need, but I do appreciate it when I see what amazing things come out of the imagination of people.

All the best.

Richard

Miss B

CV-BEE
Nicely put Richard. I'm really sad about the possibility of a lot of Poser only vendors will not be happy at "the other store", and like you I have 11+ years of purchases I can play with, but what has me all upset are where are the vendors who create great Poser scripts/addons going to go, because I don't think they'll be wanted, or appreciated, at "the other store". Those are the vendors who will keep creating things we can use in our software of choice into the future, whether or not we buy new content or not.

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
Agree, Netherworks Poser scripts and Shaderworks LM stuff have kept me very happy over the year.

I hardly ever use the built in library manager in Poser, I would sooner use Library Manager 2.6. So much easier to use and the first thing I tell people to buy if they are new to Poser.

Then there is MATWriter Panel..... Oh I would be so lost without this one. This and the Thumbnail Manager save me hours of work.

It will be sad to see them go from RDNA, but hopefully they will come over here and become vendors.

All the best.

Richard

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't use the Library Manager, but I do have the MATWriter, Thumbnail Manager, and the Camera Panel Plus, which lines all my cameras up in a row just over my workspace. So easy to click the different cameras that way.

I also love the Script Servant that pops up when I start Poser, and then I dock it. It's got all the scripts in the Scripts menu right there for you to click easy peasy.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Glad to hear it Richard. I'm very interested in anything you can teach us.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The fun thing I like to do is find something that looks or feels so complicated and then, you slap your head as you spot how simple it is to do and you have been trying to do it in the most complicated way, Lol.

Why do I write these little things? Because I want to encourage people to have a go. Notice the word encourage, I would never say force as this is the wrong way. I always encourage anyone starting out in content making and will always give feedback and ideas etc. There are probably some amazing content makers out there at the moment, but they just need that slight little nudge, and by reading my little thought, they may think, hell if he can do it, then so can I. Lol.

All the best.

Richard

Bravo! This whole thing was amazing! I shared the part about test/challenge with my husband who is a high school teacher to use in the Fall. Thank you for breaking modelling down into something simple. (now learning an interface? not quite as simple!)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay time to show a little pic.

Remember that I said about starting small, using the right lights in promos etc.

Well, this is a very simple bustier for Dawn. I knocked this out in about 2 minutes from a base suit I have made.

So, just a little one to start off the new year, but it is a start!!! Lol.

All the best.

Richard

This is so inspiring! I've been looking for a mentor, and as the saying goes, when the student is ready, the teacher appears! I don't use Poser, but I can see a start of how I can do these kinds of things in DAZ and Hexagon. Thank you, thank you!