• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Moving in a week

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I may not be very active this week, we are in process of moving.
Getting away from all these steps and bad yard.
When we moved here last year it seemed a good place but we keep finding broken glass and parts of broken bottles in the yard.
Our neighbors all say they find that coming up in their yards too.
Makes me suspect that the developers who built these houses did so over a landfill.

This house sits down in a bowl-like area and there is a flight of steps to go up to the parking slot.
That is made of old railroad ties set a foot apart and filled in with with gravel.
The wooden ties were not treated with waterproofing so they have rotted and are now dangerous to use.
Management promises to fix them but does nothing.

So we have a house on level ground, a decent yard and no steps to worry about that we are moving to.
It will be close to the shopping places and the medical areas we go to.

But moving is exhausting.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, very exhausting, but sounds like it will be well worth the effort.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, it will be because it is a much nicer house and closer to things we need.
My daughter is like me, she has trouble walking due to the Fibro and RA.
She also has a spinal problem that my leave her in a wheelchair for life within a few years.
So it was important to move to a place with few if any steps.

And it has a small storage shed and built-in two car garage.

I will be glad to get moved in and settled in. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, sounds nice. You'll have to take some photos so we can see it, once you're fully moved in.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here are some image of it.
!Fireplace.jpg
!Front view.jpg
!Kitchen view 1.jpg
!Rear Patio.jpg
!Rear view.jpg
Kitchen view2.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
They say moving house is second only to a relationship break up when it comes to stress, from what I remember of it thirty tears ago it was, hence the reason it was thirty years ago. Your new house looks fabulous and that is really some kitchen, great for family chats. I hope the move goes well and you find great happiness there, it certain looks like that sort of place. Our house was built on farm land but we are on the edge of the estate and I think they bulldosed the ruble towards the end. Our garden was like a ski slope and when I leveled it I found enough bricks, both full and broken, and hardcore that it was enough to provide a foundation for a decent sized patio.

After thirty years I am still working on our house, just today I hung three doors, a job I hate. I have had an Hive system installed that automates the heating, lighting and electrics but I lose the system if the Internet goes down, at least I did. Last week I changed the hub over to a new version that has its own memory so all the programming still works if the Internet fails. It was one of those five minute jobs, plug it in and follow the instructions on you smart phone or tablet, yea right, after five hours I gave up and rang tech support and it took them almost two hours to get working. So even updating your home is stressful let alone moving.

Here's hoping the move is problem free and you settle easily in the new home.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've never known a move to be trouble free but by getting most moved a little at a time it helps.
The kitchen has a built-in eye level oven and if I still cooked I'd be sooooo happy with it!

They got a loan so they could purchase, too expensive to rent with the amount of bedrooms needed.
And it is a nice area with everything we need close by.

Not the city but the town is big so it may be noisy too.
I prefer living outside of town but when you get to needing to be close to medical care and shopping, that is no longer best.
At least it isn't like St. Louis, MO.
I never want to go back there again!

Hornet3d

Wise
I've never known a move to be trouble free but by getting most moved a little at a time it helps.
The kitchen has a built-in eye level oven and if I still cooked I'd be sooooo happy with it!

They got a loan so they could purchase, too expensive to rent with the amount of bedrooms needed.
And it is a nice area with everything we need close by.

Not the city but the town is big so it may be noisy too.
I prefer living outside of town but when you get to needing to be close to medical care and shopping, that is no longer best.
At least it isn't like St. Louis, MO.
I never want to go back there again!

We have a fair amount of noise as we have a busy road behind us and we are on the flight path for a Royal Air Force base but I find for the most part you get used to the noise after a while.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Right after I married, our home was right out by the airport in Riverview.
I will tell you if you have Meniere's Disease, do not live by an airport!
Man, every time a plane flew over, nearly touching to roof top, I started spinning like a top.
It cause the dizziness to be worse and I slammed into walls and fell a few times.
Had so many bruises I teased my husband and told Him I was going to tell my mother he did that...lol.

He pleaded with me not to do that, she had a big temper, almost as bad as mine but she was stronger than me.
Of course I would not have done it, he was so good to me and spoiled me a lot.
Men like him a fairly rare so there was no way I'd mess that up.

We often teased each other a bit with non-sense but knew we didn't mean it.

If you have that ear problem, living around a lot of noise is a trigger and the attacks are no fun.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't hear much as far as traffic goes, as we're one block off the main street in this neighborhood, but I am within 5 mins. of one of the airports here in NY. Of course, once I'm up, and the TV's on, I don't hear the planes passing by. Mostly Ionly hear them when I first wake up in the morning.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I wore two hearing aids and would leave them off as much as possible due to the sounds of the planes overhead.
They were so low as they circled for a landing at the airport that they almost touched the tree tops.
But even having the aids off is no help on really loud or high-pitched sounds.
The sound waves hit the anvil of the ear just like a hammer striking something, but it vibrated at a very fast rate which is what causes the dizziness.
People who suffer from this will still get dizzy or nauseous even if almost totally deaf because of that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I'm not that close to the airport. The flights are coming in for a landing, but they're still quite high up, so it's not that loud. The only time it's a little louder is during really bad weather, because then I think they change the approach lanes a little bit, and then the planes are directly overhead, though still high up. Ordinarily they're a little further north from me, but that sort of sound travels for quite a distance, as there aren't that many very tall buildings around here to mute the sound.

The only type of aircraft I hear very loudly is the local police station's helicopter. That's loud as all get out, especially when they're right near my building. Scared the living daylights out of me once years ago, when they were probably looking for someone who escaped their clutches, because they were hovering right outside my living room windows, which face the back of the building on the next block. The bright search light, and the helicopter's noise, were enough to startle me quite badly.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Tomorrow is the big day, everything is packed except my computer stuff so this afternoon I will do that.
Most of the boxes and smaller furniture was already moved by car and on the full size pickup truck belonging to my grand-daughter's boyfriend.
Just a few odds and ends in boxes now and heavier furniture for the bigger truck coming in the morning.

So no 3d work today and possibly for a few days, just relaxation with games on my tablet. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Definitely take it easy FL, as making a large move like this will definitely wear you out.