• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Morph INJ/REM File Creation?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You need to include the offset a information for figures where the rigging has been realigned. At least I had to for Diva with her realigned rigging

RobZhena

Adventurous
In Poser Pro 11, I used File>Export>Morph Injection on my Poser native conversion from DS of Nataani (right) to create an INJ pose for Nataani's body. I added that to a fresh Dusk (left), injected the FBM, and dialed it to 1, then added the base MAT I created when I made the conversion from DS. Scaling the head to 107 percent captures your proportions. The closeup is of the injected Dusk.

Nataani FBM.jpg

Nataani FBM Closeup.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In Poser Pro 11, I used File>Export>Morph Injection on my Poser native conversion from DS of Nataani (right) to create an INJ pose for Nataani's body. I added that to a fresh Dusk (left), injected the FBM, and dialed it to 1, then added the base MAT I created when I made the conversion from DS. Scaling the head to 107 percent captures your proportions. The closeup is of the injected Dusk.

Oh, sweet! I forgot that P11 had that functionality! Very nice! So theoretically, I won't have to spend tons of time hand editing a. pz2 file... thank you! I have to try this out as soon as I have all my programs reinstalled on the new drive. Thanks!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
One thought does anyone know if it includes realignment of the rigging? It might be worth getting it just to create the inj for Davi instead of hand editing the cr2 file to convert to an Inj file...

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
this? Adaptive Rigging using Morph Dependent Joint Centers?
I remember something along this lines was discussed on RDNA forum and it was mentioned as a thing you asked. Know almost nothing about rigging, so no guaranty.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I was wondering if it saved the realigned rigging in the injection file. With Diva the cr2 that I exported from DS the rigging worked. When I used Netherworks Toybox which does great injections it didn't save the realigned rigging so I had to hand edit the files.

RobZhena

Adventurous
I don't know what you mean about realigned rigging (or anything at all about rigging, really). I've never tried Toybox INJ, but Toybox has never failed me cleaning up a DS-exported cr2 to work perfectly in Poser. In fact, I don't see why it's worth doing a separate Poser rigging when a DS conversion works so well, but you all are the experts.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm not an expert...certainly not in Poser and yes it does a beautiful job with most injections. Diva is vastly different in size to Dawn so in DS I realigned the rigging or I would have gotten gumby when posing her.
To keep the realignment in the rigging I had to leave the offset A settings for my morph...these were removed in Toybox. I did try initially to get Toybox to do this for me in the end Paul advised me that I needed to hand edit the files...

This is an extreme morph and most morphs wouldn't require this...I'm not criticising ToyBox...I think it's a wonderful tool.

Here is an image prior to realigning the rigging...
rigging before adjusting.jpg

After realignment...
rigging after adjustment.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
This is what happens when you pose a figure without realigning the rigging...this is my dusk child morph that I haven't done the realignment on yet.
what happens without realigning the rigging.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Like I said earlier it turns the character into gumby when you pose it...not many characters need to have rigging realigned though.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
This is what happens when you pose a figure without realigning the rigging...this is my dusk child morph that I haven't done the realignment on yet.

Reminds me of this video. I was told at one point this was made by someone working on a major movie, because he was fascinated after something went very wrong.

However, on the more useful end of things. This video I think has what you are looking for in Poser around minute 18

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lol...funny video and thanks for the one on rigging. Looks like it will be useful. I did manage to find one that shows how to use the fitting room but the results when conforming to the figure were less than satisfactory.