• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Morph INJ/REM File Creation?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm going to put this under Poser, because that's the program I'm working with for this, but if you want the thread posted elsewhere, that's fine, too.

Anyway - I'm trying to find tutorials on making an INJ and REM file for Dusk. Up to this point, any INJ/REM files I've distributed in Poser format has been for figures that were compatible with the old (okay, VERY old lol) Injection Pose Builder, which automated all of the scripting and editing of code and all of that.

So... I need to figure out how to actually make the INJ and REMs for Nataani, because obviously IPB was around LONG before Dawn or Dusk or Hivewire were even a thought in anyone's mind, and there are not, to my knowledge, any Dawn, Dusk, or Luna libraries available for IPB that I can use.

So how the heck do I actually make the INJ and REM files by hand? I've been hunting for tutorials and such, but most of what I'm finding either refers to the IPB or refers to saving all of the morph data in the .cr2 (which obviously can NOT be distributed).

Does anyone have any ideas on where there's a good tutorial or a step-by-step on how to do this? I need to figure it out so I can actually produce the morph INJ/REM files for Nataani, otherwise I can't ship him at all. LOL

Thanks. :D

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You're just using HiveWire dialed morphs for Nataani, right?

You probably already know how to do this since you've been saving poses, but I'll include all the steps I just did in saving a dialed character. This will save only your dial settings and not the actual morphs.

Make sure the dialed character is in the default pose.

Select dialed character, and click the Pose icon.
Click the + at the bottom of the library to open the New Set dialog

Enter the Set Name: (Enter the character name)
Since this is going to be your INJ file, name it INJ <Character Name>

Click the Subset button to open the Select objects window
Uncheck Universe
Check the figure and Click OK to close the Select objects window

Click OK to close the New Set dialog

This opens the next dialog with the instruction to Please select additional information you want to save in this pose:

This step differs from when I save a pose.
When saving a pose, I uncheck Morph Channels and Body transformation. But when saving a dialed character, I check both.

Check Morph Channels
Check Body transformation

Now click OK

This brings up the Save Frames dialog. Leave Single Frame checked and click OK

Now you can open the pp2 file and begin the LONG, TEDIOUS process of removing the unused targetGeoms

Once you're finished with that, create a duplicate of this INJ file and name it REM <Character Name>

Now go through and set all the targetGeoms to k 0 0

That's really all there is to it.

The process is different if you have morphs that you created, in which case, you would create an INJ/REM file with PMD files.

I find File Optimizer in Netherworks Creator's Toybox extremely helpful. File Optimizer cleans up the files and makes sure your version is set to the correct version.

I also use PoserFile Assistant for saving props, followed with running the files through File Optimizer.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good info Satira. I'm definitely going to save this for future reference. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You're just using HiveWire dialed morphs for Nataani, right?

You probably already know how to do this since you've been saving poses, but I'll include all the steps I just did in saving a dialed character. This will save only your dial settings and not the actual morphs.

Yes, I'm just using dialed morphs. I did not do any modeling or anything of that nature to achieve Nataani's shape. Just dialed in values for the various morph dials that I wanted.

I will give this a try in a little bit, once I'm through this first batch of material saves to the library here. Thank you, Satira. I appreciate it.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay... so I've got the INJ made inside of Poser... did a quick test with a default Dusk, and it did successfully apply Nataani's shape to him.

Now, I have the .pz2 file open in Wordpad, and I'm looking at the very first un-used targetGeom. So, the question I have here, is... am I supposed to delete just the k 00 values inside of the brackets, or am I deleting the entire section?

upload_2016-1-30_19-14-29.png

I'm just not sure which parts to remove here. Do I delete starting with the actor hip:1 or do I delete just the bracket, the k 00, and the closing bracket after the value?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Start with targetGeom and remove the seven lines for that targetGeom

1. targetGeom
2. open bracket
3. keys
4. open bracket
5. k 0 0
6. close bracket
7. close bracket

If there are no targetGeoms in an actor section where the k value is not 0, then remove that entire actor section

You would end up with something like this

I only retained those targetGeoms where there was a value
upload_2016-1-30_19-58-45.png

All the actors between hip and chest2 have 0 values, so I removed the entire actor section

upload_2016-1-30_19-59-31.png

Between the screenshot above and the screenshot below was the actor Head section.

All the actors after head were removed because they had no values.
All the toe actors were also removed because they also had no values.

upload_2016-1-30_20-0-39.png

So, the INJ for this character consists of

actor BODY
actor hip
actor chest2
actor head
actor rFoot
actor lFoot

Make sense?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That it is...

@Satira, they would also need to keep the parameter dial info wouldn't they?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ah, okay. Thank you, Satira!

Yes, I think that makes more sense now. I just needed the clarification on how many of the lines to delete out... thanks, I will try this again later tonight. :) Much appreciated.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Pen, do you mean the valueParms bits?

If we were adding a new morph to the figure (like with Diva), we'd need the valueParm info. But we're just setting values on existing morphs/parameters, so the parameter dial information is already in the figure.

(Or do you mean something else?)

Other than the actor head, the screenshots I posted are what I would have in a dialed character INJ.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Satira, thank you again.

I've now got a working INJ file. I had to fiddle with it a bit more to get a working REM, but I've got one of those now as well.

For the REM file I had to set all the valueParm's back to k 00 as well; it seems that some of the morph information is stored under the valueParms while other bits are stored under the targetGeoms; setting just the targetGeoms gave me an REM that would only remove the head. So I went back to it and looked at the codes some more and realized that a lot of the morph data was held in the valueParms as well... set all of those back to k 00 as well, and now have a working REM file, too. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Pen, do you mean the valueParms bits?

If we were adding a new morph to the figure (like with Diva), we'd need the valueParm info. But we're just setting values on existing morphs/parameters, so the parameter dial information is already in the figure.

(Or do you mean something else?)

Other than the actor head, the screenshots I posted are what I would have in a dialed character INJ.

Yep, that was what I meant....so that will automatically show up will it?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The HiveWire morphs used by the character would need to be injected first. Then injecting the character INJ would set the values for those parameters used by the character.

Needless to say, it took me forever to find the info that explained how to create an injection file for a dialed character. Then a lot of trial and error to figure out how to get all the dials needed.

I just can't find the info or figure out how to save scaled information in a dialed character INJ.