• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Morph INJ/REM File Creation?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Lol...funny video and thanks for the one on rigging. Looks like it will be useful. I did manage to find one that shows how to use the fitting room but the results when conforming to the figure were less than satisfactory.

Yeah, the fitting room is pretty good for clothing, but I don't know that it would work for a full figure. But then I'm just learning rigging myself.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I don't need the fitting room for a full figure and I doubt it would work with a full figure...Diva's finished now and I know how to hand edit the file for Davi.

The new feature to save inj files looks good...I just need to know whether it also saves the realignment data. I'll probably need to email Nerd3D to find out though.

I'm also working on a couple of projects for clothing for Diva so the video you posted was welcome as I'm still trying to figure out rigging in poser.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In Poser Pro 11, I used File>Export>Morph Injection on my Poser native conversion from DS of Nataani (right) to create an INJ pose for Nataani's body.

Alright. I've had a chance to take another look at this. Rob, I appreciate the heads up, but this export format seems to be ONLY available in Pro. I do not have this option in P11.

I guess it's going to be back to hand editing .pz2 files... and then trying to figure out why the blazes P11 insists on zero'ing the body pose when said INJs are applied. Oh, yeah... and also not applying the full morph, which applied just fine in P10 from that INJ.

I tested out the Netherworks script (the one that comes with P11), and that's useless as well for this. it only seems to save some of the head and body settings, while not saving others, and I'm not sure there's a way to save a shape morph without affecting expression morphs anyway...

Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I got it!! I had to attack this with a sort of hybridized method... I broke out the old Injection Pose Builder again. I built the Dusk libraries in that. Now, IPB absolutely, positively, HATES the morphs in Chris' head morph resource kit for some reason, and the REM's it generates do very icky things.

But! I was able to generate a working, acceptable INJ file with it, once I had the Dusk libraries rebuilt. So I did the INJ through IPB, and then did the REM by hand-editing that INJ file. I'm not sure why IPB goes nuts on the REM with the resource kit morphs - it only seems to do it on those. LOL. I'll have to compare the REM's line by line at some point to see what the differences are. But I have it working finally...

One working INJ and REM for Dusk. Finally! ...and no eyelid poking through the eyeball any longer, either. :D

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Whew. It's not a perfect solution, and I'm going to hammer away at IPB to see if I can figure out what it's doing to the REM file on those extra morphs. But if - IF - if I can get IPB working correctly with Dusk's libraries, I will release the library files into my freebies for folks... it really does make producing INJ/REMs a lot, LOT easier. I've been using this thing ever since the Gen3's and Gen4's... LOL

RobZhena

Adventurous
I'm glad you found a work-around. Keep an eye out for the inevitable sale on a side grade to Pro. It has other nifty features for content makers, like copy morphs from.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm glad you found a work-around. Keep an eye out for the inevitable sale on a side grade to Pro. It has other nifty features for content makers, like copy morphs from.

Oh, I do plan to upgrade to it eventually, if only for the content creation features. I just could not afford to do it even with the steep sale pricing on the last sale. I have it wishlisted in my Rendo account, and I will be keeping an eye out on it. I was only able to afford to move up to P11 as it was, because I owned P10, so on the last sale, my discount was on an upgrade product rather than a full product... P11 only ran me $50. LOL PP11 would have still been a couple hundred and was out of reach at the time.

I will get to it eventually; I just have to hold off until there's a good enough sale that a sidegrade is affordable for us. :)

In the meantime, I am working with this old legacy utility a bit more. I want to see if I can get it to generate proper REM files so I don't have to cross my eyes trying to hand edit them. I'm mildly dyslexic, and trying to follow the lines of code is really difficult for me. :D

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looks like you got it! Great to hear. I do recommend Poser File Editor by Ralf Sesseler. I can't remember if it was at Runtime or Rendo, but it will quickly convert any INJ to a REM file instantly.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I will look for it for sure. I've also got a heads up on some of Dimension3D's scripts also.

Do you have any idea why the FeetLength morph would affect the right hand like this? It kind of makes that morph useless to us inside of Poser. I checked it on a default Dusk, and the behavior is the same in Poser for a default Dusk as well. Dial that morph in, and the right hand metacarpals distort.

Edit :
See THIS post for the cause :
Nataani for Dusk

What I'm doing is NOT a fix; it's just a workaround to avoid the issue... I have to drop the morph from the figure's shape injection in order to do this. Something about that morph is what's causing the right hand to get wonky.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
You're just using HiveWire dialed morphs for Nataani, right?

You probably already know how to do this since you've been saving poses, but I'll include all the steps I just did in saving a dialed character. This will save only your dial settings and not the actual morphs.

Make sure the dialed character is in the default pose.

Select dialed character, and click the Pose icon.
Click the + at the bottom of the library to open the New Set dialog

Enter the Set Name: (Enter the character name)
Since this is going to be your INJ file, name it INJ <Character Name>

Click the Subset button to open the Select objects window
Uncheck Universe
Check the figure and Click OK to close the Select objects window

Click OK to close the New Set dialog

This opens the next dialog with the instruction to Please select additional information you want to save in this pose:

This step differs from when I save a pose.
When saving a pose, I uncheck Morph Channels and Body transformation. But when saving a dialed character, I check both.

Check Morph Channels
Check Body transformation

Now click OK

This brings up the Save Frames dialog. Leave Single Frame checked and click OK

Now you can open the pp2 file and begin the LONG, TEDIOUS process of removing the unused targetGeoms

Once you're finished with that, create a duplicate of this INJ file and name it REM <Character Name>

Now go through and set all the targetGeoms to k 0 0

That's really all there is to it.

The process is different if you have morphs that you created, in which case, you would create an INJ/REM file with PMD files.

I find File Optimizer in Netherworks Creator's Toybox extremely helpful. File Optimizer cleans up the files and makes sure your version is set to the correct version.

I also use PoserFile Assistant for saving props, followed with running the files through File Optimizer.
Just found this while looking for an answer to my own issue, I have a Dawn character that is a mix of dial spun and morph brush and I don't have a clue how to save it in a way I can share. Will this work for that situation or do I need to to some thing else? Help Please.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It might. But, you're going to need answers from others because I haven't yet created a character for distribution with mixed HiveWire morphs and my own morphs.

Did you create your custom morph on the default Dawn shape? Or after you had dialed in HiveWire morphs? If you had the HiveWire morphs dialed in first and then created your custom morph, I'm not sure whether your custom morph will include any of Dawn's morphs that were dialed in at the time you created your morph.

Check with Alisa to be sure removing all HiveWire morphs before you create your INJ/PMD will result in a PMD that only has your custom morph. You need to be sure no HiveWire morph is part of your custom morph.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
It might. But, you're going to need answers from others because I haven't yet created a character for distribution with mixed HiveWire morphs and my own morphs.

Did you create your custom morph on the default Dawn shape? Or after you had dialed in HiveWire morphs? If you had the HiveWire morphs dialed in first and then created your custom morph, I'm not sure whether your custom morph will include any of Dawn's morphs that were dialed in at the time you created your morph.

Check with Alisa to be sure removing all HiveWire morphs before you create your INJ/PMD will result in a PMD that only has your custom morph. You need to be sure no HiveWire morph is part of your custom morph.
I used the morph brush after dial spinning to get the more of the look I wanted the the dials just couldn't manage, I know there is a way to save it as a shareable morph with both in the mix just not sure of details

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Pendraia I roughly know how to save out a dial spun for sharing and I have a good idea of how to save a custom I just dont know the steps for saving the two together

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know how to do that, either. That's why Nataani's Poser version did NOT include the eye fix. Nothing worked, and I gave up on it eventually. Enough was enough with that frustration for me at that point.

Sorry I can't be more help!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I don't know how to do that, either. That's why Nataani's Poser version did NOT include the eye fix. Nothing worked, and I gave up on it eventually. Enough was enough with that frustration for me at that point.

Sorry I can't be more help!
All good, its one of those things I know is doable I just need to find out how. I mean I could save it out as two separate files but that then means you would end up with 2 INJ's to get one face :confused:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
All good, its one of those things I know is doable I just need to find out how. I mean I could save it out as two separate files but that then means you would end up with 2 INJ's to get one face :confused:

You're in the same boat I am. I know for a fact it can be done, but I have not had any luck finding the "how." And I've asked and asked and asked and asked repeatedly in all different places. Nerd's tutorial was no good for me, either.

If you figure it out, let me know, will you? LOL!