• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Moose and Squirrel

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I've been wanting to work up a Moose from our Horse model. So here it comes. This is a pure morph and will carry the same UV set as Harry as well.

This represents work in progress screen grabs. Still need to fine tune the overall shaping, but particularly detailed areas now. Need to give this Alaskan Bull Moose his beard too. Paul suggested I create it from the chin beard of our Unicorn, which is a good idea. So I'll get that going to. That will help the character and profile look of this brute.

I already have him sized to Dusk, and I'll show a couple shots for that. I've been looking at Wikipedia for size of this animal. I figure if Dusk is 6'2" to 6'4". I can't remember what I made him. Then this Moose is around 6'7" at the shoulder. The spread of the enormous antlers are close to 6' across.

Paul and I took some photos of a Moose mount that a friend of mine shot in Russia. It's a world record taken with a Muzzle Loader. Anyway, however you feel about hunting, this is a gorgeous animal, and I've used the antlers as a reference for our HiveWire Moose here.

Guess we can't call him Bullwinkle, but some thing close to that would work. His companion the Squirrel (Rocky) will be morphed from our Big Cat, believe it or not. You may have seen the Rat thread, and the Squirrel can be morphed from the Rat, which is a morph from our Big Cat. Weird to think a Lion and a Squirrel can possibly share the same mesh.

I can see this animal wading around in Ken's Duck pond.

MooseWork11.JPG

MooseWork12.JPG

MooseWork13.JPG

MooseWork14.JPG

MooseWork15.JPG

Harimau

Eager
A Moose and a Squirrel - that's great! Looking forwards to that.
A Siberian or Chukotka Moose can grow as tall as 7 ft.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
How cool is that? I love moose! Thidwick was my favorite book as a child.

Moose are huge. Two of my brothers were driving through Canada and one of them is explaining to the other how big they are and the other one didn't believe it. Later in the trip they ran into a moose on the side of the road so they stopped the car and watched it. Then the moose climbed OVER their car.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A couple more updates this morning. Reshaping head, antler base, and body. Positioned the Unicorn beard, but needs reshaping now. Also need to make hooves smaller and reshape from Reindeer.

Having some fun though. My Muse is laughing.

MooseWork17.JPG

MooseWork21.JPG

MooseWork23.JPG

Attachments

• MooseWork18.JPG
    MooseWork18.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 279

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW it's amazing what you can come up with while I'm still sleeping. This is looking FAN-TAS-TIC!! :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
After Father's Day activities today, I worked this up.

Just want a very simple working, and looking piece of cloth as reins. I can see several fanciful colors, textures, and patterns working here.

MooseWork26.JPG

MooseWork27.JPG

Your view from the top as the rider.

MooseWork28.JPG

MooseWork29.JPG