• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mesh extract in Zbrush

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
If you do it in all one go then no but if you do a bit at time you can just use Ctrl Z to back up. If there is another way I'm not aware of it!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@RAMWolff I guess it's almost impossible to place the curves in one go, since we have to turn the model to be able to continue. I read somewhere that it was possible to edit the topo curves, but I can't recall where that info was. My hands are not as steady as the one who did the curves in the images you've posted. It appears he did all curves in 1 go. LOL

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well if you notice the various anchors along the top of the nose I think it was many lines applied somehow. Not sure how that's done. I've not experimented with that for a while now. I just wanted to make concentric circles on the breast area and just turned on symmetry to get both done at the same time... THEN hit the ZRemesher button.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes, it's made of many separate lines, but each seem to be created in one go. In my attempts, I can't go very far before I need to turn the model around to continue. The curves are placed by projection, so you need to turn the model several times to be able to complete a curve that goes around the model. For example, that curve that goes around the neck.

In addition, whenever I made lines that cross over one another, the mesh tends to crumple at the intersections. That happens if I place an anchor at the intersections, but from the images above I can see we are not supposed to do that. Learning never ends! ^__^

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
With one of the curve brushes you hover until you get a red line and then you can continue...maybe this does the same?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Somehow I don't get the red line, but I can continue from the last anchor point, which has no curvature continuity with the rest of the curve.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I justtried and found that neither that or remesher give the red line but the topology brush is for creating extra mesh and the remesher helps when using Zremesher so two different things. Both are very useful though...

Somehow I don't get the red line, but I can continue from the last anchor point, which has no curvature continuity with the rest of the curve.

Ken, I think I've seen Sixus1 do topological work with symmetry on, which helps somewhat with getting each line to go all the way around. However, he usually does not try to do these all in one go.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ken, I think I've seen Sixus1 do topological work with symmetry on, which helps somewhat with getting each line to go all the way around. However, he usually does not try to do these all in one go.

Pixologic has corrected this issue in Zbrush 4R8. Now we can continue to go around the model while keeping the line curvature. That's one of the new features they highlight on their demo presentation. :)