• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Material Room Question...

bagginsbill

Inspired
It can happen so easily you won't believe it. The new material room often loads with all nodes selected, and from there it's a simple mistake to attempt to scroll something unrelated and end up dragging all the nodes way off to lala land.

I am going to try to see if I can make a wacro that will fix it. Back soon. If I succeed you'll have a simple button to push that will move the wacky parts back whenever you encounter them.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Glad you figured out what happened. Or rather, that BagginsBill pointed you in the right direction.

The easiest way might be to save an mc6 and then edit that file and move only the PoserSurface node to something like 10 10.

shaderTree
{
node "poser" "PoserSurface"
{
name "PoserSurface"
pos 10 10

Then reload the saved mc6 and manually move all the other nodes to the right of the repositioned PoserSurface.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It can happen so easily you won't believe it. The new material room often loads with all nodes selected, and from there it's a simple mistake to attempt to scroll something unrelated and end up dragging all the nodes way off to lala land.

I am going to try to see if I can make a wacro that will fix it. Back soon. If I succeed you'll have a simple button to push that will move the wacky parts back whenever you encounter them.

Yanno... I would not doubt that in the slightest. When I was using Poser 7, I had a 1-GB RAM machine with at max, a 1ghz processor... the material room used to jump and fly all over the place on me back then. The difference was that if I dragged the palettes back into their proper position, they "stuck" in place where I wanted them, which is what was NOT happening on this. :)

Thank you so much for your help! And yes, a wacro would just rock this! :)

Glad you figured out what happened. Or rather, that BagginsBill pointed you in the right direction.

The easiest way might be to save an mc6 and then edit that file and move only the PoserSurface node to something like 10 10.

Then reload the saved mc6 and manually move all the other nodes to the right of the repositioned PoserSurface.

Or ... even better if Bagginsbill is able to make a wacro. That would be fabulous.

Yep. Dang, I remember watching ("reading") his work on the Rendo forums waaaaaaaaaaay back when Ambient Occlusion was still fairly new, and just being amazed. Still am so often! LOL :D

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Got it working. You can find the script in my file cabinet here:

File Cabinet - Bagginsbill

The file is BB Shift Nodes Home.py

I've got it now. Thank you!

I have a python script that I can send to you if you would like it? Created by "Structure" with permission to distribute if someone would find it useful.

It's called Node Tidier.

Hi Glitter. I just saw this now - sorry! Getting really late for me here, I'm starting to slow down a bit. :)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
S'ok. The thread is moving fast.

Just FYI, send me a PM if you want the script.
NodeTidier-Before.jpg
NodeTidier-After.jpg

bagginsbill

Inspired
That tidy script is good. But if you actually need to work on the shader it isn't. I wanted the script to keep the arrangement as is, just move the nodes to where they should be to fix the scrolling problem.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That tidy script is good. But if you actually need to work on the shader it isn't. I wanted the script to keep the arrangement as is, just move the nodes to where they should be to fix the scrolling problem.

Well, as you can see from the screenshot, the script gives you menu options to collapse the materials as you wish. That's all.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Just out of curiosity, I just loaded up Dusk and check the Material room, and it's scrolled all the way to the right, BUT I can see a bunch of palettes over to the right and below the position of the main Poser Surface. That's what I thought you were talking about, and why I suggested moving them over and saving, and then of course doing the same to the other mat zones.

I save as I setup or tweak mats, so if I've saved several times (usually at least 3) they stay near the PoserSurface palette when opened again.

Thanks for the heads-up about the negative positioning BB. I often work in FilterForge, which has node palettes for setting up textures, and they often have palettes pulled to the left and up or down, depending on how involved the texture is. I've just never come across it before in Poser.

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Thank you for this post!!! Materials that do what Seliah is describing drive me nuts. I was working with another vendor and trying to adjust their Poser mats and I had to scroll every time I went in to adjust them. I even moved all the nodes and resaved but they still jumped back to where they were originally. Next time I'll have a look at the coordinates.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think you need to save a couple of times for Poser to finally realize there's a new location for the node palettes.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think you need to save a couple of times for Poser to finally realize there's a new location for the node palettes.

Yeah, that doesn't always work. At least not in P10 or Pro2010. I resaved a dozen times at least, before I was finally frustrated enough to come in here and ask. :)