• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Mags Master Python Script for Poser 12

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
~Mags Master Python Script for Poser 12~

This is a Python script tool to automate many of the tasks when working with magnet deformers in Poser 12. It offers a centralized interface to manipulate magnets, magnet parts, and their parameters, with a myriad of automation commands to make the job quick and easy. I made the interface similar to Netherwork's "Magnet Toy", so if you have used that before, this should look familiar to you. However, this is taking advantage of a number of new Python API features not available before, so this tool can perform a few tasks that not even Poser itself can do. :)

MagsMaster_GUI.jpg
Here is the general list of features:

Promo_000_1000x1200_MagsMaster.jpg

The interface makes it easier to locate, select and manipulate magnets without having to hunt them down in the Poser viewport. We can even dial the parameters directly from the tool by dragging the mouse over them, with 4 levels of dialing precision, use right-click over them to zero them out, or type in values directly.

Promo_01_600x800_MagsMaster.jpg

Right-clicking a magnet from the list opens a context menu with an extensive list of commands we can perform. It includes some features that allow doing things not even Poser or any other script could do (until now).

Promo_02_600x800_MagsMaster.jpg

Here's the expanded list of all commands:

Promo_03_600x800_MagsMaster.jpg

As a reminder, it is still impossible in Poser to view what actors are in the list of affected actors of a magnet, and it is also impossible to remove items from it. Until now, Poser could only add items to the list, but we can't even see if the item was already included, and once added, actors cannot be removed. The Mags Master script offers complete control over this list, so now we can finally see what actors are included, we can add more, or remove them. I am proud to present this for the FIRST time in the Poser world - complete and proper access to a magnet's list of affected actors! \(^___^)/

Promo_04_600x800_MagsMaster.jpg

Other Mags Master exclusive features include:
  • Creating symmetric clones of a magnet on the other side of a figure or prop - but this time including the magnet's weight maps! This was never possible in Poser or any other script.
  • Copy & Paste magnet values with or without symmetry, and (for the first time) including the magnet's weight maps.
  • Transferring magnet symmetry to an existing magnet on the other side, including (for the first time) the magnet's weight maps.
Those are some of the things I have always wanted in older Poser versions, and thanks to a collaboration with the Bondware Poser development team, these features are now available in the Poser 12's Python API, and Mags Master is the very first to make full use of them. At the moment, Poser still cannot perform these tasks, so this script is spearheading the new features even before Poser 12 offers them. \(*^▽^*)/

Some of the improvements added to the upcoming "MAT Edit" update v1.16.2 were already added to "Mags Master", such as:
  • Auto-Docking disable toggle button
  • Support for high-DPI 4K monitors with pixel scaling applied
  • Keyboard shortcuts
  • Closing sub-panels with the ESC key
  • Closing the script with the ESC key
As usual, I will make a demonstration video showing how to use the tool, and application examples. The included PDF manual covers all the features in more detail.

The tool is in final testing phase at the moment, as I create the store materials.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looks interesting Ken, though unless I bought something that had magnets, I never got into creating them myself.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looks interesting Ken, though unless I bought something that had magnets, I never got into creating them myself.

I assume most people never touch magnets, and in many cases, it's because they don't know how to use them, or don't know where to use them. I will make a demo video showing some of it. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
While waiting for the next Poser 12 public release that contains the new functionality this script requires, I have refined some of the functionality to make it more efficient.
  • Whenever we spawn magnet morphs on a figure or prop, the magnets are automatically disabled, and the morph is set to "1.0", so we can see the new morph in effect without the magnet influence on it. Magnets can be reactivated at any time, but it's useful to disable them after spawning a morph, or else, the morph will appear to be applied in double.
  • Morphs spawned on a figure will auto-generate a master dial on Body, so we can control the new morph globally from a single dial.
  • Morphs spawned on a figure or prop will automatically set the master dial MIN and MAX limits to zero and 1.0, respectively, and locally enable limits on the master dial.
  • Morphs spawned on a figure will automatically hide slave dials, leaving only the master dial visible on the Body actor.
  • Deleting a spawned morph on a figure will automatically remove the respective master dial on Body, if it exists (I wish Poser would do this too), and reactivate the magnets, if still present.
Those add quality of life to the script workflow. ^___^

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
In my cart. While I use, mostly, the Morph Brush, this may come in handy at some point.

By the way, since you seem to know your way around coding, do you think you could make some additions to the Morph Brush tool like saving favorite presets and maybe adding in other brush types that work similarly to those in ZB? Might be worth checking into Ken. I'd buy that up in a hot second!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In my cart. While I use, mostly, the Morph Brush, this may come in handy at some point.

Thank you! ^___^

By the way, since you seem to know your way around coding, do you think you could make some additions to the Morph Brush tool like saving favorite presets and maybe adding in other brush types that work similarly to those in ZB? Might be worth checking into Ken. I'd buy that up in a hot second!

I have considered this for a long time, and even tried to create my own brush in Python, and soon enough realized it doesn't provide the necessary access to the brush functionalities, and Python is not fast enough to do it alone. I wanted new kinds of brushes, but Bondware would have to expose the C++ brush features to Python before that would be possible.

The main reason I tried creating my own brushes was just to be able to create symmetric JCMs, which are lacking in Poser, but I have an open ticket at Git on that, and they said they will add the feature, so I won't have to code it myself. Perhaps one of the reasons they didn't add it already was because the upcoming unimesh Poser would do it differently, so they didn't want to do it twice. Either ways, JCM symmetry is coming. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Interesting. So the fact that your labeled as a developer now still doesn't gain you access to needed code to make things BETTER for Poser? I think they should give you the keys to the kingdom as you're producing so MANY needed scripts right now!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Interesting. So the fact that your labeled as a developer now still doesn't gain you access to needed code to make things BETTER for Poser? I think they should give you the keys to the kingdom as you're producing so MANY needed scripts right now!

Well, I can't really complain, since Bondware has provided nearly everything I have requested - IF it blocks the release of a store product at Rendo. The brush part was something I have tried when I was making the very first version of the Scatter Tool for Poser 11 (before Rendo acquired Poser), so this was rather unrelated at the time.

I already know the brush part is not available in the Python API, and I also know the Poser dev team is very busy with the unicode Poser version, so now may not be a good time to request that kind of thing. It's not blocking any script I have worked on, so the request wouldn't get traction anyway. I have plenty of requested that never got attention because of priorities.

Just this week I've got a few new functionalities for Python that, for instance, allows my new scripts to remain open when we switch to another room in Poser - that was never possible until now. My "MAT Edit" and "Mags Master" scripts take advantage of that, and it's thanks to close collaboration with the Poser dev team.

I've got the "developer" label because basically all my newly submitted products at Rendo this year are software (Python scripts), so I guess it makes sense. I almost did no 3D contents this year, which is something new to me. I guess my priority now is to get new scripts for Poser 12 - because we had nothing when I got started. I am generally attracted to the gaps nobody is touching. LOL

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is brilliant! I'm off to buy it now. Magnets are so useful but so cumbersome to use - this fixes that..

Thanks Janet! We can do wonders in Poser with magnets, and it's one of Poser's underappreciated and underused features. This script tries to make magnets easier to use and more productive as well. ^___^

Hornet3d

Wise
I purchased this some time ago although I have not had time to play with it yet. Before this script my only use of magnets so far is to pull hair around when I want it to fit in with a laying down pose, something I will do again now, and I will also use it to correct Dawn's bulging thigh's when she sits down.

I now have all these scripts with the exception of the Lister Master which I have little need for as I am not a content creator and the scatter tool for Poser 11 as I now use only Poser 12. I have to say these scripts make a massive change to the workings and use of Poser 12, many of which are really tools that should have been in Poser a long time ago had it been developed correctly. That is not to knock Rendo who I personally feel have done a great job in their short ownership of the program. I am not normally a fan of automatic installs favoring the manual approach but I have occasionally struggled with scripts in the past so I love the way you can install these via the purchases-renderosity tab of the library and also the ease in which they can be updated.

These scripts are very different to buying content which you may use on an ad hoc basis as these change they way you work with on a daily basis and in my opinion makes Poser 12 seem a very different program because of this they need to work flawlessly which I am pleased to say they do. Add in the extensive tutorials that accompany each script what is there not to like here.

Thank you so much for the time and effort you have put in Ken I am truly grateful

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's very kind of you, Hornet! There are 2 new scripts I have been working on for Poser 12, and I hope people will like them too. ^____^