• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lyne's Creations Freebies

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ohhh realized I needed to restart my thread here too...

Nearly ALL of Lyne's Creations store inventory, FREE, updated in many cases:

lynesfree

to be clear, "updated" for my ancient sets JUST means enhancing my original maps in most cases, plugging in nodes as needed, and organizing in proper runtimes... goodness, my original model sets were SO long ago, maps were TIFs and not all were even in a runtime! :confused: but all good now! :)

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for the link Lyne, I'll have to go see what I don't already have. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
*raises hand* I would totally be interested... I'm always hunting for decent food props to fill up space in some of my scenes! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Your very welcome. :) Once the HiveWire big cat is made into a house cat, I WILL be converting my own kitties maps to it... but I will NOT convert my wild cat maps to the Big Cat until CWRW has issued any and all of her maps to go with the new cat's... 1. my maps are OLD and 2. I would never want to cause any competition... she and her products come first. :) (which is one reason I've stopped converting my other mil horse maps).

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Awww thats a shame Lyne.
I LOVE Lauries textures and will have them all! (oh that last bit sounded a bit evil) but I still like having other options and would love to see your appy's converted over.
My image "Whoops" uses one of you palomino textures (I cant remember if I altered it as I like to change things up a bit, even with CWRW textures :p). I think of textues as being "more the merrier" :D

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Your very welcome. :) Once the HiveWire big cat is made into a house cat, I WILL be converting my own kitties maps to it... but I will NOT convert my wild cat maps to the Big Cat until CWRW has issued any and all of her maps to go with the new cat's... 1. my maps are OLD and 2. I would never want to cause any competition... she and her products come first. :) (which is one reason I've stopped converting my other mil horse maps).

If you're worried about competition, you could always wait until all of Laurie's stuff is released, and then just do them afterwards. I'm with Rae on this one - I will snap up as many as I can, because I like to have a big variety of options for things, and many times in a scene, I might have multiple different animals... and not every cat looks the same, not every horse looks the same. I hardly ever touch the MilHorse2 anymore, but once or twice I have used him in the background, mixed in with a couple of Harry figures as well. Same goes for the big cats... and Ken's birds mixed in with some of Predatron's lo-rez ones.

Variety is always good. If you're worried about impacting her sales... just do it after her items have been out a while. That's what I would suggest.

But it's up to you in the end. We will scarf up anything you offer, right alongside anything Laurie offers... but it's up to you and your health, and I'm sure no one here would think any less of you for bowing out of it if you don't want to do it.

I love the items you've done in the past. You are the ONLY person to date, that has even approached the notion of an ELK enough to have one released for use. Do you have any idea how LONG I spent hunting for an elk to use for Blake's renders?! ROFL I spent over a YEAR hunting for one! And when I finally found yours, I snatched and RAN with it! :D

I'm actually using your elk to learn the creation side of LAMH... I want to see how he'd look with some LAMH fur on him! But I have a long way to go to being able to create LAMH presets yet. ;) I'm working on learning it, but it's not going to happen quickly, that's for sure. If I can get an acceptable preset made for him, though, I would totally release it as an add-on for your elk. :D

Either way. I'm rambling again. Sorry! We really do love your items. And they are SO useful, and very much appreciated. So thank you. ^_^

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I am SO hurt... how could I have a FreeStuff section and promoted Renderosity SINCE 2002 and now they have KILLED OFF, REMOVED, DELETED my FreeStuff forum thread because I host my freebies myself... as part of my permanent legacy on/with my website.... I had such wonderful feedback from there... I'm THIS CLOSE to removing my entire gallery there...

My HOME HERE is becoming more and more HOME here... as I'm free to LINK to my freebies, without any limits... THANK YOU, HIVEWIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lyne, this is one of the (many) reasons that I barely post anything over there. They have been insisting on enforcing this draconian rule in the intent of keeping people on *their* site for doing business/sales, and they are *not* listening to the general public's word about how they're actually chasing people off.

You would not be the first one to pack up and leave their site over this. And I doubt you'd be the last. The current management over there seems to be hell bent on running the place into the ground.

They removed my old freebies thread, too. Along with a warning shot off the bow about how I was running afoul of the forum TOS by posting any non-Rendo link. And I hadn't even posted to that thread in over three years! LOL

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Aww thanks for your sympathies... and knowing I'm SO not alone... It's really hard to think of deleting my gallery there... it's such a part of me, but... how can I support a website that does not support me!??!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I already posted in the other thread in the Meadow, but you are definitely not alone, and this is not the first time they've tried enforcing this. I've been a member there since April 2000, and I've seen a lot of changes, but their forums except, back then Bryce, and currently Blender, aren't places I visit on a daily basis, never have.

Kerya

Brilliant
No, you are not alone - they have gone down a path ... I am silent.
Prohibiting ALL links that go outside Renderosity ... Uhm!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I've made up my mind...before I start installing ALLL the zips I've downloaded for um... YEARS... (drowning in them really, it's awful!) I'm going to get a Freebie set of Snowfire Graphic's (by permission-this person is my best friend Flint_Hawk) Produce (fruits and veggies) we used to sell in my store- ALL DONE up properly, change tifs' to jpgs and make a proper runtime...so stay tuned! :) Soon Dawn can bite into a juicy orange or... :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I'm a freebie addict too, Lyne, but I install everything as I get it. My runtime is huge now but, man, it's great to have a prop or figure when I want it :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I got all the Produce Set 1 - Fruit re-mapped (from tif to jpg, just adding a bit of contrast and sharpness) but still have to SIZE each one to Dawn (old props were sometimes as big as a human! :) ) and now my arm hurts... will rest a couple of days, while my beta tester makes sure no fruit calls to an old tif... meanwhile I took a look at the Set 2 - Veggies... and um... dumb me, with sore arm I just "had" to do this... I HOPE you all like Asparagus ... ? (each leaf at tip is mapped separately, erg!) So no more work on that for a while... (Teaser: the avocado whole and half - looks GREAT!)

Asparagus.jpg