• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Letterpress Case

Letterpress Case 2020-08-24

No permission to download

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Where I did my apprenticeship still had an old Letterpress machine

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah my first real job was at a print shop that had a letterpress machine. One guy about 80 years old would come in once a week and do all the stuff that needed it, numbering that kind of thing. It was fascinating to watch.

Yah I think people could enlarge it to fit people or animal figures.

robert952

Brilliant
<in my best crotchety old man voice - which for some reason is getting easier to do these days> "Ah, the good old days when we had to read type backwards, and upside down, in the snow, uphill, both ways."

I did a couple 'labs' (1970-72) where we did typeset a couple of composing sticks. I actually got pretty good at reading text upside down and backwards. But that skill came from hand tinting 35 mm slides of photo type set text. (The tint had to be applied to the emulsion side of the film to adhere.)

Thank goodness we had a photo type set service at the school as long as you had a day to wait for it. Fortunately, we were mainly working on graphic layouts of books, magazines, etc. We had a decent selection of 'Lorem ipsum...' available in various font size and leading. Of course, back then is was only Times Roman and Helvetica.

"And we were damned glad to have THAT!"