• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LAMH Presets for the Hivewire3D House Cat

Saiyaness

Motivated
EDIT August 4 2017: The 3 presets - Short, Short 2 and Long, are now available for free in the HiveWire Store! Click on the thumbnail image below:

Hey all, sorry for not submitting these days ago, but I've had more trouble with the long-haired version and I've had other RL stuff going on so it's gone a little slowly. :)

I really need to get back to other projects so I'm offering the two presets as is, for you to use, tinker with, modify, do whatever you like with. They're not perfect, and I can always update them in the future, but I hope they're better than nothing. :)

I think the short-haired is pretty good but the long-haired just isn't quite right.

Settings are in the description. :)

LAMH Preset for the Hivewire3D House Cat (Short) LAMH Short-haired
LAMH Preset for the Hivewire3D House Cat (Long) LAMH Long-Haired

Let me know if you have any trouble. :) Hopefully the links work!

lamh_preset_for_the_hivewire3d_house_cat__long__by_vampyric_saiyaness-dbhx4zm.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thank you Saiyaness!
I think the long-haired version looks great (maybe not for a Persian but I've seen heaps of other cats with hair like that.) I think it will look awesome on a tortoiseshell.

Last edited:

Saiyaness

Motivated
Yeah, I looked up heaps of long-haired photos and they're kinda all different in their thickness and clumpy-ness. Most tend to have that ruff around the neck, and that was hard to get right. The only think the long-haired is missing are the super long inner-ear hair tufts, but maybe there's morphs for that I missed.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sweeeet!!!

I totally :love: this! Any nit picks really come well after the HOLY WOW factor of how darn good it looks!

:thankyou: so much for taking the time to make and package this up. I am certain it will get a lot of use!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I've added images of both the short and long haired versions of this beauty to the first post :)

Saiyaness

Motivated
Hope you all like!

Just a note on the long-haired preset - the hair direction on the chest is a little more swept up and dramatic because of the pose. If you have the full player, you can easily comb errant guide hairs for certain poses, but I apologise in advance for people who only have the free player. If it doesn't bother you, all the better! Or better yet - post-work it! :p

Same goes for any pesky guide hairs that decide they want to do what they want depending on the pose. :)

BTW If anyone wants to modify them and redistribute them as freebies for others to use, feel free to! Like I said, they're not perfect! :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Wow!! Again thanks so much!! I will def have to find some time this weekend and play with these/see how the LAMH free player runs on my system.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So LOL have patience with me- I have never sued the LAMH Free Payer before- I loaded the short hair preset - am I supposed to now click the "to obj" button?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOl forgot to add I've watched some of the UTube vids on how to use the player but they are not helping me:)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ok I think I sorted it out:) Am running a render now with 500,000 hairs- maybe not quite enough but IS rendering pretty quickly. (I'm on Mac so def curious to how far I can push my old Mac beast with the hair:)

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I also saved the images to my folder for reference along with your suggestions. On your suggestions, it says "Hair Export Amount: I like 1200,000 but feel free to experiment." What was the intended export amount? is it supposed to be 1,200,000 or 12,000? Just want to make sure.

Otherwise I'm so excited to try these.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I am using 1,200,000 and that looks like the images Saiyaness posted. (looks great!!!!) I did try 500,000 on the cat (not kitten) and it didn't seem like enough. (at least in Iray)