• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LadyRaine's Products at HW3D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks...the set is really beautiful and I think Rose looks pretty good in the Atlantis princess for the mfd. The set even includes the butterflies...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
wow Pen, that's an awesome test :D

I have that enviro wish listed (I literally have no money in the back for the next week, sucks getting paid fortnightly and it will be a short week as well because of the hospital :() And that outfit is WOW.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I agree with you on being paid fortnightly...totally sucks. The outfit is MFD converted to Dawn with the Atlantean princess textures. The updated version of the textures iirc...
That environment is absolutely awesome and I have lots of ideas for it. I also wanted the one with the book and the stairs but couldn't afford both.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Use two separate base nodes in the same shader. Have one be the Superfly settings, the other be the Firefly settings. You can do that just check one for Superfly and the other for Firefly. They can even be connected to the same nodes. This way you can fine tune each one for optimum performance. And still only have one material for both.

Yessss, that's the way to go with FF and SF. That's how I did with my Jungle Weapons Pack, where there is only one material for both FF and SF, and they work perfectly well. I have only added a separate root for materials that required metals, and set them up for SF only - letting Poser to decide which one to use depending on the rendering engine. It's all automatic and works nicely! ^____^

LadyRaine

Admirable
Hi Just a quick note to let everyone know there is an upcoming update to Rose
she will have glossy lips,wetter eyes and teeth,her eye reflections are still procedural but have been toned down and a whole new skin shader for sf and sss while your waiting for the update here are a couple of renders with the new shaders in place
firefly sss
roseupdatedsss.png

roseupdatedsf.png

SuperFly

Hope you all enjoy the update when it comes out

HadCancer

Motivated
LOL no it does not make me mad and I'll keep your suggestions for the lips and teeth in mind . The eye reflections I use are reflection of the actual lights used to light the scene not a texture on the cornea they will vary from light set to light set depending on the lights intensity and the placement and shape of them hope that helps and thank you for the suggestions.
Thanks you took my comment with the good grace in which they were intended.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're welcome :). That's a good thread to subscribe to, as I post updates there ;).

Lovely updated mats for this!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
you usually just re-download the original file (it will contain the updated stuff)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Exactly - what Rae said ;)

I linked directly to the post about it, so you probably didn't scroll up to the first post where it says

To update your product, log into your account and download the product zips again.

Effective 6-2-2014, there is now a small section just under the product name section in the ReadMes when updates are done, so you can look there to see the date of the update (ensuring you have the latest version) and a small note of what was changed.

That's consistently the way we do it. I'll note there what's been updated and if all of the zips were updated or only some (usually we update all of them, even if the update in, say, the Poser version of something is the REAL update, and the DS version only has the ReadMe changed.)

Subscribe to that thread and you'll get notified when we update a product ;)

LadyRaine

Admirable
Hi sorry I've been away my mother in law was hospitalized and passed away of cancer last week

anyway now that I'm back heres a sneak peek at Lily the new Dawn character I have been working on

lily1.jpg