• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LadyRaine's Products at HW3D

HadCancer

Motivated
I'm a newbie and have not even purchased Dawn as of yet. Your Character looks good at least on my monitor. Eye reflection looked at little intense but that could be my TV/ monitor. (Have to use TV as I am going slowly blind). It would ne nice if the lips and teeth could look moist (reflection). Please pardon me as this maybe inherit in the Dawn character herself. Like I said I am brand new here. I have fiddled with Poser since #5, but am new to the DAZ also. I do not know if this helps hurts or makes you mad. Please this is not my intent. I am just looking for really good items and a chance to create something I can take pride in. You should be proud in your creation as it is certainly more than I can do

LadyRaine

Admirable
I'm a newbie and have not even purchased Dawn as of yet. Your Character looks good at least on my monitor. Eye reflection looked at little intense but that could be my TV/ monitor. (Have to use TV as I am going slowly blind). It would ne nice if the lips and teeth could look moist (reflection). Please pardon me as this maybe inherit in the Dawn character herself. Like I said I am brand new here. I have fiddled with Poser since #5, but am new to the DAZ also. I do not know if this helps hurts or makes you mad. Please this is not my intent. I am just looking for really good items and a chance to create something I can take pride in. You should be proud in your creation as it is certainly more than I can do

LOL no it does not make me mad and I'll keep your suggestions for the lips and teeth in mind . The eye reflections I use are reflection of the actual lights used to light the scene not a texture on the cornea they will vary from light set to light set depending on the lights intensity and the placement and shape of them hope that helps and thank you for the suggestions.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've picked her up and Ken's outfit. Now I just need some time to convert her and do a render. Unfortunately I'm back to writing reports...

LadyRaine

Admirable
Just a quick list of suggestions I have received and will be implementing on future characters
  • separate ff and sf shaders
  • glossier lips and teeth
  • mapped reflection option for the eyes
  • ds compatibility (please be patient just learning ds)
please let me know if there are any other suggestion and I will do my best to implement them

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I see no reason for creating separate materials for FF and SF. Poser switches automatically when you combine both, so it renders seamlessly no matter what renderer people use. Why would people want them split and separated? For the lips and teeth, I usually make special shaders to make them look more natural and shiny. Those are usually the part I always pay more attention to. As for eye reflections, those should be provided separately because they are useful in FF, but will conflict with PBR in SF, iRay and Octane. :)

Last edited:

LadyRaine

Admirable
Thanks Ken and yeah I don't usually use reflections myself for that reason. lol and I have no problem keeping ff and sf materials combined lol less work and I have a new shader almost done for the lips and teeth just need some tweaking on it

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was wondering about the reasons people have asked you to separate FF and SF materials? How would that benefit them? Sounds like more work for everyone in the end?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The only reason I think would be the eyes ? You wouldn't want reflections on the SF eyes. Maybe they meant different material settings or shaders rather than textures? (sorry, don't really know as I haven't got Poser, just guessing :p)

LadyRaine

Admirable
well I don't know what their reasons are but is mine is trying to get a shader to work with the lips glossy that works in both
and the same with the reflection map though I suppose I could just have those two things separate if I can't find a solution

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My understanding is that Superfly is similar to Iray? (real based lighting). I find that if the spec maps are good it will work for both 3Delight and Iray its more the actual settings that changes things (the uber base shader is your friend :p). Looking up the refraction index for items help to give a realistic effect (sometimes needs a little tweaking but is a great starting point).

I was having a problem with the trans map in SF for one of my textures (I don't have Poser, someone was testing for me) turns out it wasn't my issue but in my reading to see if I could find out what it was, it said something about the trans map working different from FF to SF (it works the opposite?) that would be the only thing I'd be looking at if I was to supply both.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
well I don't know what their reasons are but is mine is trying to get a shader to work with the lips glossy that works in both
and the same with the reflection map though I suppose I could just have those two things separate if I can't find a solution

Use two separate base nodes in the same shader. Have one be the Superfly settings, the other be the Firefly settings. You can do that just check one for Superfly and the other for Firefly. They can even be connected to the same nodes. This way you can fine tune each one for optimum performance. And still only have one material for both.

LadyRaine

Admirable
yep superfly is similar to iray its just a matter of tweaking things to work in both maybe adjusting the spec map might be the solution

LadyRaine

Admirable
Use two separate base nodes in the same shader. Have one be the Superfly settings, the other be the Firefly settings. You can do that just check one for Superfly and the other for Firefly. They can even be connected to the same nodes. This way you can fine tune each one for optimum performance. And still only have one material for both.

that makes sense rather trying to get it to work with both lol you know what I mean lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
This was a quick test render of the new Tree of Life environment for DS by FlipMode and I used the Rose face, body and ears 3.

Rose at the Tree of Life.jpg