• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Kim Possible

Which figure in my runtime will make the best Kim Possible

• Pauline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney

• A3

• Jessi G2

• Alyson

• Miki 4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I want to do a likeness of her. But I am not sure which figure will work best for her. So I am going to try to make a poll and see what you fine people think.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Please limit the choice to what I have listed. If it's not up there, it's not in my runtime. I left some of them out on purpose.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Kim possible reference3.jpg

I suppose I better post a reference pic...
fan_art___kim_possible_by_ssbmfani-d6tytjh.png

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I voted A4, but I want to add a codicil: If you a) don't own Sora and b) are using only someone else's morphs. I've played around with sculpting V3, V2, M3, David, M2, A3, V4 (A4 is just a morph), Maya Doll, Posette, Miki 1 and 3 (or 4? I'm not sure), Antonia, Dawn, and Project Evolution. Dawn has been consistently the most easy to sculpt by miles. Every time I think maybe I'm just getting better, a new figure comes out, and I'm once again wowed by just how easy Dawn's mesh is to work with. With my latest sculpt, I discovered that's because outside of her ribs (which are not only not bad, just a little wonky, but better than any other figure in the community that I've come across) and one edge loop that should work a certain way on her forearm (center of the inner elbow should go to the center of the bottom of the wrist, but these are two different edge loops), Dawn has the topology for basic human anatomy. Which is also basic quadroped mammal anatomy. That's why she's been able to be made into so many different creatures. And that's why so many other figures haven't been as versatile. She's just got the right topology to make _very_ different people. The only thing I'd ask for in an absolutely ideal (to me personally, that is) figure is slightly better ribs and about double the poly count for more detailed sculpts. She smooths well pretty much everywhere, which is to sculpting sort of what smudging and blurring is to painting. I can't say enough about how versatile I find Dawn's mesh.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I don't do morphs, and I have Dawn SE, but I don't own Sora or any of the morphs available to Dawn except for Tempestra's Jenny morph. I've used her for Wonder Woman. I have used A4 a lot lately too. She was Starfire from Teen Titans, and now she was all 3 of the Powerpuff girls.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
A4 is just a morph for V4, so any morph for V4 can probably be combined with her. I know I have so many V4 morphs that I had to make a chart and edit their channels to make them work together. If you have anywhere near the morphs I do for V4/A4, I'm sure she'd make a great Kim Possible. Also, I'm pretty sure you can scale V4 WM body parts.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I can. I do have a few morphs for V4. I got into the game late with her. I was anti-V4 for a lot of years, so all the cool stuff I could have for her I don't. Doesn't stop me from dialing, though. I can combine A4 and a few elite morphs I have, but I would rather let this poll run its course and see what everyone has to say.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Her face shape is different in both pictures. I would personally make a morph for it, but would need to know if the round or the angular face is the goal.

eclark1894

Visionary
Personally, I think Star or some 3D Universe figure would make a great KP. But since we're limited to your list... Roxie.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Her face shape is different in both pictures. I would personally make a morph for it, but would need to know if the round or the angular face is the goal.
If you Google her, you will see that 90% of her pictures are like the first one. Which figure would you use to make the morph?

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
To clarify, when I said that, I meant that I don't create morphs. I do use them.
That's what I thought you meant.
I can. I do have a few morphs for V4. I got into the game late with her. I was anti-V4 for a lot of years, so all the cool stuff I could have for her I don't. Doesn't stop me from dialing, though. I can combine A4 and a few elite morphs I have, but I would rather let this poll run its course and see what everyone has to say.
I'm not exactly pro-V4, so I know what you mean. That said, I was at the height of collecting when she came out, so I have more V4 content than for any other figure. Well, and the fact that all the version 4 "figures" are actually morphs, so while I have separate V3 and A3 content, there's just V4 content that does and doesn't support A4 morphs.

Also, V4 was probably the last figure to be well supported with full featured freebies (full clothing sets, full characters, etc.). A lot of the morphs I have for her are freebies or were free at the time.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what everyone has to suggest. Still, between A4 and G4 morphs, I think V4 has the most toon potential in that list. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though.
I thought about that too. Who is star?
Star is a figure by Lady Littlefox. I think she'd be problematic for Kim Possible because she's extremely elongated. Her limbs are long, her torso is long... Kim Possible was a very dynamic character, and drawn to fit that. Star is a daddy long-legs fashion caricature that's best for standing there and looking pretty. Her old Koshini would be a slightly better choice, but her limbs are quite thin. And more importantly, she's _definitely_ not available any more.

If I were going to go outside that list, I'd probably look at free Japanese figures.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That's what I thought you meant.

I'm not exactly pro-V4, so I know what you mean. That said, I was at the height of collecting when she came out, so I have more V4 content than for any other figure. Well, and the fact that all the version 4 "figures" are actually morphs, so while I have separate V3 and A3 content, there's just V4 content that does and doesn't support A4 morphs.

Also, V4 was probably the last figure to be well supported with full featured freebies (full clothing sets, full characters, etc.). A lot of the morphs I have for her are freebies or were free at the time.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what everyone has to suggest. Still, between A4 and G4 morphs, I think V4 has the most toon potential in that list. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though.

Star is a figure by Lady Littlefox. I think she'd be problematic for Kim Possible because she's extremely elongated. Her limbs are long, her torso is long... Kim Possible was a very dynamic character, and drawn to fit that. Star is a daddy long-legs fashion caricature that's best for standing there and looking pretty. Her old Koshini would be a slightly better choice, but her limbs are quite thin. And more importantly, she's _definitely_ not available any more.

If I were going to go outside that list, I'd probably look at free Japanese figures.
Star is definitely off the short list. I see what you mean about her limbs... But she does have a cute face.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Yeah, but Kim's arms and legs are usually covered. Except for when she wears her cheerleader uniform.
Clothes don't affect the length of anyone's limbs, real or imaginary. And her main outfit includes a skin tight top that bares her midriff and forearms.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Since you don't have Sora for DawnSE, I think Jeanne's suggestion of combining A4 and V4 would be your best bet.

agentunawares

Contributing Artist
I agree with basically everyone; if you are dial spinning and relying on existing content, use A4. But if you sculpted your own morphs and had the capability to make or refit clothes I might suggest F202 Dollie.