• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Superhero Suit auto-fits great except for the morph for the heals don't work in DS. I used a latex shader on the suits and boots (except on Type-1, the last Dawn which was a cotton one) and had to re-import the normal maps. The buckles on the long boots in the middle are metal but I don't know how to do that on the suit in DS where there isn't a mat zone to change. I also couldn't work out why the latex went down the legs a little on Type-3 (the first one) so I'm saying they are clear latex shorts LOL :p

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The Superhero Suit auto-fits great except for the morph for the heals don't work in DS.

The heel morph is an ERC, and those won't translate from Poser to DS. However, you can still use the individual heel dials on the feet body groups. The ERC master dial controls them both at the same time, but in DS you will have to set each boot individually. Give it a try! ^^

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Rae, do you have Poser? If so you can dial the heel morph in Poser and either export as a cr2 or an object. I tend to prefer the cr2 and then export as an object from DS to ensure the scale is right. Then load via morph loader pro. Then if you save the morph it will always be there for you. My tutorial on doing this for characters will work for clothing too! Same process required.

Just saw Ken's post...if the morph is there already and it needs to be set up to react to a bend you can set it up hopefully in DS to do this also. I don't have the suit so I can't check for you...s0rry!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Just saw Ken's post...if the morph is there already and it needs to be set up to react to a bend you can set it up hopefully in DS to do this also. I don't have the suit so I can't check for you...s0rry!

I think the morph she is referring to is for making the heels go flat on the boots. They should work on the heels groups, but the global ERC goes dead when imported in DS. If we want Poser master dials to work in DS, we have to create them again in DS.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's what I thought you meant...they can be set up in DS if she wants to do so.

Indeed, when I made the DS version of the Anime and Chibi heads, I first had to recreate all of the master dials. This is normal and can't be helped. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Awesome news! Get ready for some cuteness overload! :snoopydance:

The "Universal Chibi Head" has been released to the store today, and it comes packed with lots of goodies, like over 150 head dials, 30 expression presets, 30 skin tones, 10 in-dial expressions, and Poser/DS specific video tutorials to get you started creating your own composite figures in minutes! Get it [HERE].

But don't go thinking that those presets are the only expressions you can make. Those are just a small sample to get you started. There is virtually an endless amount of dial combinations to create your own facial expressions. ^^

D

Deleted member 325

So many wonderful products - costumes, body shapes, anime/manga inspired heads. Now what I really need is a Japanese Super-Idol outfit for dawn ;)
Or even a classic Lynn Minmei style Chinese Dress and hair :))

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It's a long cheongsam dress. The one on store is the short one. The big question is the legs part rigging - definitely not suited for conforming. Actually, I could make a complex mix of weight maps, posing morphs and body handles, but this looks like meant to be semi-dynamic. That is, conforming on the torso, and dynamic on the legs. Two of my existing dresses on the HW store were designed to also work as semi-dynamic, but they are originally conforming. This one is more suited to be semi-dynamic only. Nothing will look as realistic as the references unless done it this way.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree, as that's how I see the way a long skirt like that would pose well.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I wouldn't hesitate so much to make longer skirts and dresses if not for the poor balance between complexity, the time it takes to rig, versus the actual results and limitations. Conforming mixed with morphs and body handles takes a loooong time to rig, and yet, the posing is not the greatest. Any reasonably experienced Poser user can tell that much. Semi-conforming has the advantage of still following body morphs, and we only need to run simulations over a part of the outfit, instead of all of it, which means more efficient use of the simulations (faster). Fully dynamic outfits don't follow morphs, which can be a limiting factor. I was very pleased with the results I had with the Laced Sundress and the Cheongsam dress for Dawn when it comes to designing them to work as semi-dynamic in my personal renders. Very good results, and easier to manage cloth sims.

However, some people are allergic to the Cloth Room, don't know how to set it up, or don't understand how to use a semi-dynamic outfit. I am considering automating the whole thing with a Python script, but I don't know if that would be overkill.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not sure if I've ever worked with a semi-dynamic dress, so what do you do, set the conformed top to Constrained to keep it from siming?

Oh, wait, you're saying the Cheongsam dress is semi-dynamic? I didn't realize that, but then the pose I used for Rui was simple enough so didn't need it.

I tell you, I only started using the Cloth Room while beta testing the first of Satira's goodies, as I had never thought to use it before. I happen to like the way it works, but it takes getting used to.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
See what I mean? Semi-dynamic is rather unconventional and many don't know how it works. These 2 dresses I have mentioned work both as conforming and semi-dynamic, but I guess most people will use them as conforming.

Semi-dynamic works like this: you conform the outfit as usual. The select the lower group, which could be hip or pelvis, and switch to the Cloth Room. Create a new sim and when you get to Clothify, the correct group should already be selected, assuming it was selected when you entered the Cloth Room. The only remaining part is to choose what body parts this part of the dress will collide against, and then start the simulation. By default, the Cloth Room will always revert the figure back to T-pose before running the simulation, but these 2 outfits in particular are fully conforming, so that is not necessary.

So the only part that is different from a fully dynamic outfit is that you simulate cloth on only 1 group from the outfit. In fully dynamic outfits, you select the whole outfit, since it's all 1-piece anyway. Conforming outfits have lots of parts, and we only simulate 1 of them. The groups have to be designed with this in mind, since most conforming dresses have the legs part split into multiple groups, and that won't work as semi-dynamic.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, instead of selecting Body, you select only the group you want to sim. Hmmmm, I'm going to have to try that out. ;)