• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Title: It's All In The Heart

Its All In the Heart 103z.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
the elephant is a graceful bird
it flits from bough to bough
it builds it's nest in a rhubarb tree
and whistles like a cow :inverted:
Oh, I remember that joke.

Why does an elephant have flat feet?
From jumping out of trees.
jokes are a lot more fun when others join in, right now we could all use a few laughs, sorry this wasn't a big old belly laugh, I am working on that....lol

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Carey

Extraordinary
One of those pigeons, the pink-necked green, is found in Cool and Unusual Birds v3. Usually the Luzon Bleeding Heart Dove is found in those "beautiful and unique" lists too (also in C&Uv3). Both those pigeons have been updated BUT haven't been re-released yet. I'm hoping to get ready this fall.
Ah but your missing the really great ones, like owl pigeons, Indian saddle backed fantails, jacobins, pioneers, red runts, tumblers helmits and oh so many more...ah darn, sorry I'm story telling again, still I wonder how does one speak without telling a story and how does one settle on just one story and call it a life well spent...lol I love your birds, course I love all birds in general they love life in a way that only those who devote their lives to them can take the time to truly see. darn there I go again....lol

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The problem with doing many of the pigeons in the "unique" list and your (Carey's) list is that almost every one of them is a "custom" bird (requiring specialized geometry and morphs), hence making the set more "challenging" (which translates to less birds in the set, or more expensive or both). Saying that, somewhere down the line, once the updates are done, it could happen, especially birds like the crowned pigeons.

When SBRM Second Edition is rereleased, the coloration of my pet pigeon (had him for 2.5 yrs), "The Dude" will be added in to the existing Rock Dove quartet

The Dude4.JPG

Carey

Extraordinary
The problem with doing many of the pigeons in the "unique" list and your (Carey's) list is that almost every one of them is a "custom" bird (requiring specialized geometry and morphs), hence making the set more "challenging" (which translates to less birds in the set, or more expensive or both). Saying that, somewhere down the line, once the updates are done, it could happen, especially birds like the crowned pigeons.

When SBRM Second Edition is rereleased, the coloration of my pet pigeon (had him for 2.5 yrs), "The Dude" will be added in to the existing Rock Dove quartet

View attachment 61251
I know and you have done so much to make my renders great, many of those fancy pigeons are so fancy they can't even feed their own chicks.. The thing is, I love taking birdy talk. Hey that is why I wrote "Chicken Talker" Great looking pigedn by the way!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Sadly, this wonderfully colored Macaw from South America is Critically Endangered or Possibly Extinct in the wild. I prefer to think that it has retreated to a Secret Oasis.

Credits:

SBRM Parrots Vol 2 - Macaws of the World (Glaucous Macaw) by Ken Gillilandat HiveWire3D

Asiatic Lily by Lisa's Botanicals with Jungle Heat by NapalmArsenalat HiveWire3D

Hearts of Africa- Wide Open Spaces by Childe of Fyre, KageRyu & NapalmArsenalat HiveWire3D

Jungle Ruins by Stonemason at DAZ

Secret Oasis
Secret Oasis.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Sadly, this wonderfully colored Macaw from South America is Critically Endangered or Possibly Extinct in the wild. I prefer to think that it has retreated to a Secret Oasis.

Credits:

SBRM Parrots Vol 2 - Macaws of the World (Glaucous Macaw) by Ken Gillilandat HiveWire3D

Asiatic Lily by Lisa's Botanicals with Jungle Heat by NapalmArsenalat HiveWire3D

Hearts of Africa- Wide Open Spaces by Childe of Fyre, KageRyu & NapalmArsenalat HiveWire3D

Jungle Ruins by Stonemason at DAZ

Secret OasisView attachment 61282
Gorgeous Flint!! This turned out so beautiful !! I can feel the spray of the waterfalls and the soft brush of the parrot wings!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I love these birds!

Credits:

SBRM Parrots Vol 1 - Parrots of the World (Galah Cockatoo) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Dahlia by Lisa Buckalew at HiveWire3D

Beautiful Bokeh Backgrounds by Mystikel at Renderodity
BB Beautiful Bokeh by Bez Boardman at Renderodity
Artistic Backgrounds by antje at Renderodity

Together
View attachment 60548
They do seem to have a personality all their own !! Beautiful on this also!!