• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
These are all just lovely.

I don't want to sidetrack things, but want to let a few of you know about a cool feature in this forum that's not real apparent (and one I've never seen before this forum software), called Multi-quote. It allows you to quote a bunch of posts in one, rather than having to reply individually to each...Saves a LOT of time for you :):

How to Use Multi-Quote

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
No problem! Nothing to apologize for and no one did ANYTHING wrong. I've just noticed a number of people doing a bunch of posts to reply to people (which I always used to do before this forum software) and wanted to point it out so that if they want to use it, they know it exists :). I find it a lot easier than doing one post at a time.

Back to the birdies :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ah, but the material room is where I do all my magic...lol
Another lovely render...I really like the way you compose a scene. I have peeked into the material room mainly when I was trying to replicate one of Baggins shaders in Shader Mixer...I will have to do more with it though when I set up the materials for Diva.

Szark

Awesome
Another lovely render...I really like the way you compose a scene. I have peeked into the material room mainly when I was trying to replicate one of Baggins shaders in Shader Mixer...I will have to do more with it though when I set up the materials for Diva.
I love the emotive side to Carey's renders and the colours, awesome stuff. Does inspire me to improve colour saturation in my images, more than I do now.

Carey

Extraordinary
I am hoping I am replying to the right place and perhaps time to start with to thank all of you for your great comments and now I want to talk to you all a bit. As a writer of mainly humor I have come to know one thing, the difference between humor and touching some ones heart isn't all that much difference. I am a story teller, I struggled for years trying to make scenes in poser that told a story and it hasn't been all that long ago that things have come together for me so that my renders were as good as my writing.. I tell people, if you want to be remembered do it better then any one else, if you want to be immortal, tell the story.

Now down to the mechanics of how I render...Most of the time I never use a stock texture...I mix and match colors, reflections, textures even skin tones be it human or animal vegetable or mineral I also tend to design brand new characters for each and every render...

Why in the world would some one go to so much effort to do and pay attention to all this?

I don't drink, I don't chase women, I get bored easily and can't play video games any more due to age and infirmary, I mean being a crazy poser artist beats out just plain going nuts because I can't paint and sculpt any more. I think it might be a bit more expensive then going just plains nuts but those straight jackets are always so confining....lol

I have been showing people a new way of using poser for many years now, Thank the lord I have gotten better at it, imagine how embarrassing it would be if I wasn't good at doing it after twenty years of practice....lol

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Nice renders Carey ..

I've been playing around with Ken's birds in Carrara.... :confused:

Leaky Boat.jpg

Another world..............

Another World.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I get the chills when I hear the song, Szark

'Aotearoa, rugged individual,
Glisten like a pearl, at the bottom of the world,
The tyranny of distance, didn't stop the cavalier,
So why should it stop me, I'll conquer and stay free'

Szark

Awesome
Since moving here I have never met anyone who ever heard of Split Enz...I wish I brought my tapes over. Humm internet, time for some nostalgia.