• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Just to head off questions

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I have closed all my content stores and removed all my freebies from access.

To be honest, I am burned out and fed up with the Poser community and it was time for me to go.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear this Traci! I haven't been around much lately so not sure why but the community will miss your presence and knowledge. I know I will...:grouphug:

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We are sorry to see you go, Traci. We certainly appreciate your support of our figures.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry to lose you and your products. I hope that you find enjoyment in whatever you decide to do next, though.

D

Deleted member 325

That is unfortunate news. I have enjoyed those products of yours I had and had several more in the wishlist yet. The content landscape for Poser is getting more barren every day :(

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Aww, Traci.... I am really sorry to hear this news. You will be much missed. I wish you all the best!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh my gosh, Traci?! I am so sorry for whatever precipitated this move... while I understand the 'nasties' in the world, and in some areas of the 3D community, I've always believed that the minority of GOOD SOULS are around, and especially here at Hive... no community/human being is perfect but there are "pockets" of "the good folks"... you are one. You will be missed!

Hornet3d

Wise
I tend to think I have a reasonable vocabulary but I simply cannot find the words to express how sad this news has made me. We conversed intermittently but I still regarded you as a friend and valued all the help and support you have given me over the years. I was particularly thankful for the support you gave me when I was banned from another site, it was a particularly low point for me, and you not only supported me but took the trouble to explain the background I was unaware of. I will be forever in your debt for all you have done for me. I will miss the your products which were always exceptional value but I will miss you far more.

I do wish you all the best, whatever you turn you hand to, and hope you find the enjoyment that Poser once gave you. As others have already said this is a loss to the community and the Poser world in particular, which seems to losing so many talented and helpful people.

May your guardian angel be by your side wherever you go next.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry you're so fed up with the Poser community. You're one knowledgeable lady, and your products definitely met a need here at HiveWire. Are you leaving the forums too? Or just taking a break as a CA?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Sorry you're so fed up with the Poser community. You're one knowledgeable lady, and your products definitely met a need here at HiveWire. Are you leaving the forums too? Or just taking a break as a CA?[/QUOTE

I doubt I will be around much at all, frankly.

I enjoy Poser so I'll be around to grab stuff for my personal use, like Laurie's Lions, but for the rest of it, I'm just not in the right frame of mind.

As for a vendor role, I'm done. I'm just too soured on the Poser customers who take and take and take whatever they can get for free and then turn around and demean your skills as worthless.

Hornet3d

Wise
With very few exceptions I just do not use free items other than those that have been gifted to me personally by the creator. Not that I do any commercial stuff but the licensing bothers me if I ever did. What I do know I would not have the nerve to complain if I was given something for nothing. I am not sure it is a generational matter or that is it just too easy to complain in the era of the Internet but to my values it is just plain wrong. Yet again the wider community now suffers for the actions of a few thoughtless people. All it would take is a few moments reflection to realise there is a hard working vendor at the end of the chain and how would they feel if they spent weeks getting a product together only to have someone rip it apart. That goes for paid items as well as free ones, more thought and less knee jerk reaction would make the world a better place.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
With very few exceptions I just do not use free items other than those that have been gifted to me personally by the creator. Not that I do any commercial stuff but the licensing bothers me if I ever did. What I do know I would not have the nerve to complain if I was given something for nothing. I am not sure it is a generational matter or that is it just too easy to complain in the era of the Internet but to my values it is just plain wrong. Yet again the wider community now suffers for the actions of a few thoughtless people. All it would take is a few moments reflection to realise there is a hard working vendor at the end of the chain and how would they feel if they spent weeks getting a product together only to have someone rip it apart. That goes for paid items as well as free ones, more thought and less knee jerk reaction would make the world a better place.

Oh, no user ripped a freebie of mine. Not that I saw anyway. Demeaning my skills was a reference to if it's free, they love it. Paying for it? Yeah, no.

Clearly, that says my skills only have value if they are given away freely.

My biggest problem is when folks like Poser AMBASSADORS feel it's OK to demean vendors. ALL vendors. To work actively to put vendors out of business. To advocate, in every public post, that vendors are bad, bad, bad.

And, then to go into the Rendo forum with all the DAZ vendors and HELP them piss on Poser's grave.

I quote from a post today from a Poser AMBASSADOR:
OK, let us finish this off here and now. YES: Poser is dead, buried, underground, obsolete, by-passed, deleted, removed, bought, fired, knifed, shot.

It is impossible to co-exist when these kinds of people are betraying everything we try to do.