• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Jerry Lewis...dead.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, duuuuuuuuuuuuuh!
BangHeadEmoti.gif
Talk about having a blank memory moment. ~Sheesh~

eclark1894

Visionary
Harvey Korman and Tim Conway... Carol Burnett show. ;)
They weren't an actual comedic duo though. Tim Conway was just funny as hell and was always trying to get Harvey to crack up. Korman tried his damnest not to , but Conway was a comedic genius and merciless. The whole cast had trouble keeping a straight face around him.

Some of their best shows was when everyone just lost it around Conway. Including Carol.

Last edited:

James R.

Busy Bee
They weren't an actual comedic duo though. Tim Conway was just funny as hell and was always trying to get Harvey to crack up. Korman tried his damnest not to , but Conway was a comedic genius and merciless. The whole cast had trouble keeping a straight face around him.

I think you're splitting hairs, but yes, they were never an "official" duo.

Regardless, in their sketches, Korman almost inevitably played the straight role to Conway's clown. This was my point. Comedic duo: straight man and funny man.

And good choice in calling Conway merciless in trying to crack Korman up. He was, wasn't he! He'd often just go for broke, go right over the top. The dentist skit... just thinking about it... lol :roflmao:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know, I used to laugh myself silly when I watched those two. I just never considered them a "duo", so when you mentioned their names together earlier, it just didn't hit me that's who you were referring to.

James R.

Busy Bee
I know, I used to laugh myself silly when I watched those two. I just never considered them a "duo", so when you mentioned their names together earlier, it just didn't hit me that's who you were referring to.
No, they were never (as far as I recall) an official duo. But people have associated them together since Carol Burnett. Certainly no one ever referred to them as "Korman and Conway" like I did. I was just naming names. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When I was a preteen, I loved Abbott and Costello and Laurel and Hardy ... as well as the Three Stooges. But, I didn't find Martin and Lewis as funny. Perhaps because I didn't like Dean Martin. As I grew older, I found subtle comedy more appealing and slapstick comedy too grating. Still, I did love the interaction between C-3PO and R2-D2. But then too, everything in Star Wars didn't revolve around C-3PO and R2-D2, so maybe that's the difference.

Funny thing about that... I didn't really like them as a team. I think he did his best when he was on his own and allowed to go nuts.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, Abbott and Costello were probably my favorites back in my youth. Not so much Laurel and Hardy, or the Three Stooges.

eclark1894

Visionary
When I was a preteen, I loved Abbott and Costello and Laurel and Hardy ... as well as the Three Stooges. But, I didn't find Martin and Lewis as funny. Perhaps because I didn't like Dean Martin. As I grew older, I found subtle comedy more appealing and slapstick comedy too grating. Still, I did love the interaction between C-3PO and R2-D2. But then too, everything in Star Wars didn't revolve around C-3PO and R2-D2, so maybe that's the difference.
I loved the three Stooges as a kid, but as I got older, they just got more stupid. On the other hand, I didn't like Dean Martin when he was with Jerry, probably because he was always the mean one... but Martin could be hilarious on his own. I loved him in the Matt Helm movies, and he's also pretty good in a few westerns. I also liked his variety show.

James R.

Busy Bee
Over time I've really come to enjoy Dean Martin's singing. His voice has got a natural, unpretentious quality to it that I quite like.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
When I was a kid, Disney films and Jerry Lewis were the only ones that my parents would take me to. I still enjoy the Disney films. But '50s style humor in general soon struck me as more silly than funny.

But it is an impressive body of work. (And he was certainly "a genius in France".)