• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Jerry Lewis...dead.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OMG!! A truly sad day. The man was an absolute genius, and he will be missed. RIP Jerry. :(

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Wow! That's another genius lost both for his amazing comedy and his dedicated work on behalf of MDA. When I think of him I always remember him in 'The Bellboy'. One of the funniest films of all time! RIP Sir!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
He was so great in his day but he's had a really hard time with health stuff these past couple of decades. No more suffering. R.I.P. Jerry. Thanks for the laughs!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I always loved his live performances with Dean Martin. His antics always made me laugh.

eclark1894

Visionary
Funny thing about that... I didn't really like them as a team. I think he did his best when he was on his own and allowed to go nuts.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know others who didn't particularly like the "team", as it were, but I've also liked Penn & Teller, who have patterned their partnership very much like Lewis and Martin.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sad to see him go. Many happy memories of black and white tv and lots of laughter.

quietrob

Extraordinary
The Bellboy ended up a classic...and the Nutty Professor proved he could act without being a total goofball.

More importantly, I can only imagine how many people his telethons helped. Isn't it cool that he made up with Dino before the time came?

James R.

Busy Bee
I loved watching Jerry Lewis movies when I was a kid. My best friend and I would get our parents to rent them from time to time on weekends.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Funny man and straight man.
Exactly. Teller wasn't a singer, but his position in the partnership was like Dean Martin's, as Penn was the guy, like Jerry Lewis, who as getting the laughs.

I read a quote from Penn in one of the recent articles the other day about Jerry Lewis' passing, stating they patterned themselves after Martin & Lewis, so even though Teller wasn't the "entertainer" Dean Martin was, there were still similarities between the two teams and their antics.

James R.

Busy Bee
Exactly. Teller wasn't a singer, but his position in the partnership was like Dean Martin's, as Penn was the guy, like Jerry Lewis, who as getting the laughs.

I read a quote from Penn in one of the recent articles the other day about Jerry Lewis' passing, stating they patterned themselves after Martin & Lewis, so even though Teller wasn't the "entertainer" Dean Martin was, there were still similarities between the two teams and their antics.

Classic comedic duo setup. :) Martin and Lewis, Penn and Teller, Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, Korman and Conway... even C-3PO and R2-D2 and Bert and Ernie. :D One is the (usually) serious one and the other is a goofball or troublemaker.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Wow, some of those names bring back memories, though I'm not familiar with Korman and Conway.