• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

It's all in how you laugh

Carey

Extraordinary
I love fans got all over the house got every thing from a lowly little 24" plastic on sale at the local shop rite to a 3' barn fan...Thing is while I dearly love fans, can't stand them blowing right on me. Got a new AC for the front window.. The wife was entertaining the thought that finally I was going to stop blowing things around the front room...I tried that really I did, but that little ac just didn't reach clear across the room.. One by one the fans came back on....the wife got a worried look on her face and went and stood in the kitchen door. I laughed at her as I turned the last fan on. I jumped to one side as a roar developed from the direction behind me....I looked over my shoulder just in time to see a funnel cloud forming in the middle of my front room. Then with a huge roar it picked up the wife's new sofa and threw it through the front window along with the wife's french poodle. Now neither the wife nor the dog will come near me....I really kinda miss the dog...

Carey

Extraordinary
In my household we have three very smart parrots. Now I say smart because they tend to keep us on our toes as they find new ways to get into things. The smart part comes when they get caught…They argue with you about it…lol

Life is never boring around here but, it does get loud..

Being I am mostly the one that does all the baby siting and it is her two birds that like to get loud while she is away. Not my Macaw mind while he can get loud it is usually him yelling at the others to shut up….lol

For ten years I put up with this, now you keep punish birds for bad behavior, they have to be directed away from misbehaving…You have to outsmart them in simple words. After Ten years I have tried a number of things to keep them entertained while mother’s away.

My best idea was to make a film, up made a film for our big 52 inch TV. Now my wife had serious questions about making this film. First off and to be honest my wife can’t act. I’m sorry dear, but you move like cord wood and speak with your chin in your chest. The other problem was what was she going to do or say on film.

I’m the one that suggested nursery rhyme’s, so I filmed her singing songs like “baba black sheep” “Mary had a little lamb” and “jimmy cracked corn”

All in all I got twenty minutes of video from her before she called it quits…

Now shopping trips for my wife are always over two hours long and all I had was twenty minutes for my wife muttering into a mic.. Sorry dear but I have heard better singing on the show ” The walking dead” …. I made a three hour long film before repeating those twenty minutes over and over…

Well the big day came and as she went out the door I started the video. To my great surprise it worked even had two of the birds singing along on some of the songs. My wife came home and she took Casper down from his toy and asked him how he had been while she was gone while hugging him of course.

His response was an absolute winner, he started out lying about how good he had been while she was gone, telling my wife he was a “Very good bird” but then he asked the question, “Who’s Mary?”

Carey

Extraordinary
Some of you have wondered first: Why I seem to be such a smart alec... Second: What is the secret to a long life....To answer number one: Baby I was born this way...lol Seriously I do know how to be serious, I just misplaced the remote...It has gotten worse after my dear friend death has come around knocking at my door three different times in the last few years and each time I sent him to crazy Joe's place just down the block...We are both still alive by the way....I just don't feel con-stained any more, yes my con has finally burst forth and it says party like your fourth heart attack is on it's way...lol Well really we party up til around 2, that's my nap time...If you need me 2pm to 4 me and the dog will be on the couch...I hate him being on the couch with me as he always plays with the remote control..Bothersome, be laying there, dreaming of catching pretty girls in my electric wheel and suddenly the bed starts folding out into a queen sized bed...That's not the bad part the build in cd player starts blasting out Berry White "Can't get enough of your love baaabe"....What? I'm old not dead, but I have made plans...Got motors, ropes, pulleys and an air pump hooked up over the couch...I plan to go down swinging..... Wife hates that couch, she unplugs it on me all the time and it's getting harder for me to bend over....I tell her yes the cd player part is broke, the CD won't eject. I like it..First time my boy came over after getting it... I hit the remote...He looked surprised and then he looked at his mother, rolled off the couch onto the floor laughing. His moma's face got all red, then ran for the bed room as I explained to my son what the air pump was for.....

I know how things work around here though and I know never to buy and more used furniture from Crazy Joe just down the street....
Crazy Joe's new girl friend Mustang Sally made him get rid of the couch, said that her wasn't going to climb into bed with Barry White no more...
Mustang is one fine looking gal, works in the rodeo doing of all things...Well you guessed it, she trains buffalo for the wild west show. She said the first thing she had to do was train them not to attack the indians in the show..Said something about anything wearing feathers seemed to make them really mad...Her and Crazy Joe met on the rodeo circuit where Crazy works as a clown...Crazy as we all call him got run over by a bull and she come riding out on her prize buffalo and rescued him and before you knew it, Crazy was riding mustang bare back.....

Thanks, you've been a great audience, oh about the secret to a long life I say laugh...Cause if the good lord meant us to take life seriously he'd have let us read the instruction manual!!!!!

From the humor of Carey A. Feazel

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Do you think they know what they are saying or just repeating?

Carey

Extraordinary
If Casper gets noisy, Bud will yell at him to shut up...He does the same thing to Sugar but calls him "Lola" We were in a city park and walked
by some people eating pizza Casper Said "I want pizza" The people laughed and Casper got his pizza..... Casper sweet talks ladies by asking for kisses, he yells at kids to come see him. I could tell you all kinds of times they seem to know perfectly well what their saying, other times well not so much...I can tell you this much, they give us something to laugh at each and every day and they laugh with us!!!!

Do they know what they are saying? Are we training them? or are they training us...Some times it is very clear we are the trainees. Our birds are potty trained Sugar will tell you when it is time to take him to his cage..The other day my wife didn't move fast enough so Sugar yelled, "Get up".. Bud Tells me he loves me but calls my wife a brat...You can tell Bud it is time for bed and he goes and gets in his cage and sometimes he argues about it....lol Casper tells us " Bye" when we're going some where but, tells some people to leave...

Cars pull over to the side of the road to talk to the birds...They rarely leave the people disappointed... They love some people dislike others for no apparent reason, well, except for hats, Sugar hates any one with a hat...Bud hates tattoos....Casper figures when he is done eating off our plate we are done too and the plate goes on the floor....lol

How intelligent are they I don't know, but they are smarter then even we give them credit for...

I should add this large parrots are beautiful and fun. They are also demanding and demand lots of attention, They generally don't take well to being just a pet, they insist on being part of the family and taking part in family events where they will insist on getting some of the attention.. Yes, they get angry if left out. Taking one of these wonderful creatures home is a big decision, not to be taken lightly...They will live for up to eighty years and will out live most of us that take them in...Many people fear having a large bird running around loose in the house and will stop coming around and even hate you for the noise they can and will make...Birds can't be punished for bad behavior, they simply don't understand the concept of punishment and taking blame...Let me make it very clear, Parrots are not a dog or a cat, they will change your life and most likely your life style...In their world they are the kings and queens and will have problems being part of our world...

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Decades ago (college days) a bird store opened up in the city we were in. So we went in together and got an African Gray parrot. Never did much.

Carey

Extraordinary
Decades ago (college days) a bird store opened up in the city we were in. So we went in together and got an African Gray parrot. Never did much.
It must be remembered that while there are different species, each individual is just that.. never met two parrots that were not true individuals and as with any society there is a range of intelligence. Our training includes hands on play, play is important...Play includes puzzle solving and language training. I can't speak for every species, just the individuals we have trained.....

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This just occurred to me. Not only did they not have a reference for what a Mary is they knew it was a person.

Carey

Extraordinary
This just occurred to me. Not only did they not have a reference for what a Mary is they knew it was a person.
Male umbrella cockatoo's are hands down the most intelligent creatures we have worked with...They are also the most difficult to live with....The problem is how do you keep a highly intelligent animal entertained and these are cock birds they can and do get aggressive. Some things they pick up so fast they will stun you, other things they will fight you over. Caspers general name for people is "bird" we have not ever heard the word Mary before or since that one time...I don't recommend large male U2's as pets...They really and truly belong in the wild but they are out there, losing their homes, behaving badly, mulilating them selves, plucking them selves and just plain being unhappy... This covid thing has really been hard on Casper, he wants and needs to be performing in front of people. Sugar on the other hand came from a broken home and tends to get aggressive in front of loud and excited people and he lost his forever home for that very reason...

We consider Sugar as retired, he is almost terrified in front of a lot of loud giggling children while Casper is a total show boat..When Casper goes out in public our whole neighborhood comes out to greet him while at the same time Sugar needs to feel protected from them and hides behind your head....

Bud the macaw is a totally different kind of creature, he and I are mated and he gets aggressive with anyone he feels might take his mate away. We have been working with him for almost ten years trying to get him to be less aggressive, it is hard as my own wife is scared for him. Company comes over and he wants to be between me and them and he tries to intimidate them...Most times he succeeds. Bud carries with him some serious hardware...That beak of his and he has no fear of using it...

Sorry I do tend to go on and on when comes to birds.lol

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Do a search for Pebbles the Cockatoo on youtube. I would post a link but she swears non stop.

Carey

Extraordinary
Do a search for Pebbles the Cockatoo on youtube. I would post a link but she swears non stop.
Sugar swears... he gets mad and marches around his yelling
" I swear, I swear" Bud really swore when he came to us...We re-trained him... Yes people think it is cute but not to live with...

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah the guy that has Pebbles has gotten a following from her swearing.

I don't think I'd want a bird that swears constantly.

How did you re-train him?