• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Is there a Gen4 cat-headed character?

Minyassa

Enthusiast
I was looking at Daz's Cat World stuff and that's all Genesis, with the earlier stuff being not really cat-headed but more cat textures on a human head. I am looking for an actual cat's head on a human body. Has someone done that sort of character yet? Or will I need to Frankenstein some figures together?

Michele

Eager
There is one for Dawn: Felis Felicis - A Sparky 3d Creation

Do you need it to be a house cat head or just a cat head? Because Sparky also has a lion-headed figure for V4 at her store: Leonese V4 [Victoria 4] - $8.75 : PhilosophersEgg.com, The Alchemy of Art

It has a texture add on as well: Leonese V4 Texture Expansion [Victoria 4] - $6.50 : PhilosophersEgg.com, The Alchemy of Art

There's also Melody 2.0 for V4/Genesis over at DAZ, but that one is toony.

If you have CDI's Morphia for V4 there is a cat head preset though, again, it's a bit on the toony side.

Minyassa

Enthusiast
I do have Leonese but I am looking for a housecat style head, something just like the Felis Felicis. I tried the cat head from Creature Creator and...well, I'll just show you. After I quit laughing I tried enlarging the head a bit to get rid of that shrunken-head look but it did nothing for the human-style chin or overall...well, just goofiness. I don't think that was meant to look like an actual cat, I guess. Ah well, maybe this will be more motivation for me to learn modeling myself. xD

Shrunken Cat Head.png

Oh yeah, that looks bad. No idea which Poser you use, but did you try to dial in the cat head to your liking and then use the morph brush to get rid off of the human chin?

Other option would be to export the dialed in head as OBJ and use an external sculpt program of your choice.

Next option would be indeed Melody for V4 - no idea about textures though, but the face looks much better. If the leonese or the Cat Worlds textures will work, it may get you a better looking cat. Though probably better to find someone who has her to get the info about her maps.
Melody 2.0 | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Last edited:

Minyassa

Enthusiast
I looked at Melody and wondered how she'd look with the Leonese maps. Partial morphs and mixes sometimes work and the texture is a big part. But they didn't make a Micah 2.0 and I'm not sure Melody would work on M4. Anyone own this that could try and see?

Oh and I've got Poser 11. I could mess with the cat head, it would just take a LOT of sculpting so I'm looking for an easier solution first. ;)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Maybe load the figure and a cat. Make all the cats parts invisible except the head and neck then apply to figure?

Minyassa

Enthusiast
I may end up doing that, it's what I've done in past. There used to be a little java program I could use to actually cut up a figure and take parts of it without having to load the whole mesh, I might be able to find that again.

SixDs

Inspired
Actually, I have found that, with a little bit of morph sliding, it is possible to get a credible cat head out of V4's Creature Creator morphs. I guess it all depends on what sort of anthro cat one is looking for.

cat1.jpg

Attachments

• cat1.jpg
    cat1.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 336

Minyassa

Enthusiast
Yeah, that's great for a lot of furry styles. I'm looking for a more naturally catlike cat head to render Khajiit characters from Elder Scrolls. :)