• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Is Dawn "older" than V4?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And it seems HW is primarily using Poser for their base. It's the Poser packs that come out first, and then later get converted to DS, or they don't depending on the vendor. Poser still comes first here.

HW creates everything for DS first, and only then convert them to Poser. Whether or not content for one or the other version sells more, that is a different story, and we have no control over it.

Edited to say: Ken is doing great shapes with Dawn!

Thanks, I have been trying to make a wide variety of body shapes for Dawn, concentrating on the types that nobody else has done until now.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Thanks, I have been trying to make a wide variety of body shapes for Dawn, concentrating on the types that nobody else has done until now.

This is the first time I've seen Dawn in another light. She needs some different body shapes and also faces. Maybe if you have any interest and/or time, you might consider making a pack of head/body morphs. It would give Dawn a chance not to look the same all the time.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is the first time I've seen Dawn in another light. She needs some different body shapes and also faces. Maybe if you have any interest and/or time, you might consider making a pack of head/body morphs. It would give Dawn a chance not to look the same all the time.

I already made 2 body + face characters for Dawn. Now I have concentrated more on bodies, because there are already many faces at HW and Rendo. Of course, not as many as we have for V4, but in my personal gallery, I wanted more body variety.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I already made 2 body + face characters for Dawn. Now I have concentrated more on bodies, because there are already many faces at HW and Rendo. Of course, not as many as we have for V4, but in my personal gallery, I wanted more body variety.
I haven't been around here very long so haven't really gone through the store. Good to know what's out there though!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dawn Special Edition was released after SR2. Dawn SE includes 3 new Special Edition face morphs, as well as refinements to the body. HiveWire also released Sora for Dawn, which is an anime character with a curvier body and longer legs. Her face is more delicate than Dawn's with larger eyes. Chris also has an ethnic pack in the works, which I'm eagerly awaiting.

I have a few characters in the HiveWire store that are rather different from the default Dawn. Most were created with the morphs in Dawn's Base, Starter, and Head and Body morphs. Add in Paul's Head Resource Kit, Dawn's Creature Head Morphs, as well as Sora, and you can get a lot of variation in Dawn. It all depends on how far from the default Dawn a person wants to go.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It always amazes me how unique you make your characters Satira. I've tried, but never seem to get very far. One of these days I really need to try more options, and see what I can come up with.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So this is Dawn SE - 1st is default Dawn, then the SE faces in order from 1-3 and last Sora for comparison
DSE Sora.jpg

Edited to add: I only rendered it to 50%, but you get the idea of the subtle changes.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And just the first 5 characters I have in my runtime for Dawn.
Alexis (HW), Amelia (Rendo), Aniya (Rendo), Elisa (HW) and Birkitta (HW)
Some Dawn Shapes.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Nicely done Rae, and that second render really shows off her versatility as far as age goes.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
These 1st 2 are from HW (Liliana & Monica) and I think I got the last three shapes from the forum here somewhere (the Skin is Dawn SE except for the dark one which I think is from Sam).
Some Dawn Shapes2.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
There's a common misconception that youth equals beauty. Someone on Renderosity several years ago was asking how to get perfect beauty when you couldn't show teens in sexy clothes. That's wrong. I learned about all this watching a John Cleese presented a show called The Human Face. The Human Face (TV Mini-Series 2001– ) - IMDb

Just thought I would throw this out there as I have degree in Psych and know it was grounded in science. I learned a lot from it too!

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Dawn Special Edition was released after SR2. Dawn SE includes 3 new Special Edition face morphs, as well as refinements to the body. HiveWire also released Sora for Dawn, which is an anime character with a curvier body and longer legs. Her face is more delicate than Dawn's with larger eyes. Chris also has an ethnic pack in the works, which I'm eagerly awaiting.
I have a few characters in the HiveWire store that are rather different from the default Dawn. Most were created with the morphs in Dawn's Base, Starter, and Head and Body morphs. Add in Paul's Head Resource Kit, Dawn's Creature Head Morphs, as well as Sora, and you can get a lot of variation in Dawn. It all depends on how far from the default Dawn a person wants to go.
I love Dierdra!! Probably because she looks like a big departure from the usual Dawn. Overall her entire face is great.
I also like Sora. She has the look of the work of Tempesta3D. Don't know if she is, but I like her too. A lot of it has to do with completely changing Dawn's mouth.
Just saw the creature pack. The 2 that I like are the bug eyed bird and the lizard. A lot of the rest of them still have Dawn's lips.

Last edited:

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
And just the first 5 characters I have in my runtime for Dawn.
Alexis (HW), Amelia (Rendo), Aniya (Rendo), Elisa (HW) and Birkitta (HW)
View attachment 41590
I'm a big fan of anyone who can get rid of Dawn's lips and give her a completely different look. One the 2nd set of girls, I like the one in the middle and the one at the back (Asian). Their mouths are most appealing to me.
On the first image, I like the girl with the bright red lips. Maybe her name is Elisa? I like her.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes well, I can't since I never updated my DS 4 past DS 4.0, and I'm not that good at converting in any case.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I like Amelia, and I think it was the only DS character I have ever converted to Poser. It's always easier to convert from DS to Poser, due to Poser's non-unimesh incompatibilities.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm a big fan of anyone who can get rid of Dawn's lips and give her a completely different look. One the 2nd set of girls, I like the one in the middle and the one at the back (Asian). Their mouths are most appealing to me.
On the first image, I like the girl with the bright red lips. Maybe her name is Elisa? I like her.
Yes the second last one in the first image is Elisa, I use her "lips fix" morph by its self a lot (looks a bit different).
I found the link to where I got the last 3 girls in the 2nd image - REC freebies (about halfway down)