• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Installing ZBrush 2018.1 and Windows 10

Dove

Hi

I hope someone may be able to help me with this.

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and today I tried installing ZBrush 2018.1

I turned off Defender to install ( as recommended ) yet it still came up with an error. :(

01-web.jpg

I checked to see if anything did get unpacked and this is what I found.

02-web.jpg

I have always installed in the default location that Pixologic sets for ZBrush even on Windows 7 and I have never had a problem with Windows 7.

If anyone out there is able to help, I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

Dove

I just been looking through the troubleshoot forum over at Pixologic.

The answer I found.

Make sure to disable any antivirus including Defender and try reinstalling again. Did That !
If that fails, then download again without antivirus on. Will try that !

I will keep looking for any solution over on the forum but would still appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thank you.

Dove

Hi Bonnie

I fixed it by turning off all antivirus, including Windows Defender, then redownload, install, activate. Only after all this is done can the antivirus be turned back on.

I got all that from the troubleshoot forum at Pixologic.

So far its been going fine for me. Hope I didnt just jinx myself. :cautious:

Bye.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm sure you didn't jinx yourself Dove, as I've heard of a number of software apps (and not just 3D apps) which need you to turn off antiviral software before they'll even install, let alone work properly.