• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.

Installing ZBrush 2018.1 and Windows 10

Dove

Hi

I hope someone may be able to help me with this.

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and today I tried installing ZBrush 2018.1

I turned off Defender to install ( as recommended ) yet it still came up with an error. :(

01-web.jpg

I checked to see if anything did get unpacked and this is what I found.

02-web.jpg

I have always installed in the default location that Pixologic sets for ZBrush even on Windows 7 and I have never had a problem with Windows 7.

If anyone out there is able to help, I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

Dove

I just been looking through the troubleshoot forum over at Pixologic.

The answer I found.

Make sure to disable any antivirus including Defender and try reinstalling again. Did That !
If that fails, then download again without antivirus on. Will try that !

I will keep looking for any solution over on the forum but would still appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thank you.

Dove

Hi Bonnie

I fixed it by turning off all antivirus, including Windows Defender, then redownload, install, activate. Only after all this is done can the antivirus be turned back on.

I got all that from the troubleshoot forum at Pixologic.

So far its been going fine for me. Hope I didnt just jinx myself. :cautious:

Bye.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm sure you didn't jinx yourself Dove, as I've heard of a number of software apps (and not just 3D apps) which need you to turn off antiviral software before they'll even install, let alone work properly.