• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Individual fetlock colors for HiveWire Horse

Erwin0265

Motivated
Being on the downhill slope of life (positive, aren't I?), anytime I learn something new on any of the forums, I copy and paste it into a new Word doc. and save it in the relevant file.
I probably have 10GB alone just for Poser/DS; and yes, it's organised in such a way as to be useful for me (God help anyone else trying to use it though.......).
When I was learning the ins and outs of space art in (mostly) Photoshop, I started to write myself little recipe sheets for creating a planet texture, creating an atmospheric glow around a planet (in PS as well as Vue), etc.
Even on the uphill slope of life, no-one can remember everything...............

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Being on the downhill slope of life (positive, aren't I?), anytime I learn something new on any of the forums, I copy and paste it into a new Word doc. and save it in the relevant file.
I probably have 10GB alone just for Poser/DS; and yes, it's organised in such a way as to be useful for me (God help anyone else trying to use it though.......).
When I was learning the ins and outs of space art in (mostly) Photoshop, I started to write myself little recipe sheets for creating a planet texture, creating an atmospheric glow around a planet (in PS as well as Vue), etc.
Even on the uphill slope of life, no-one can remember everything...............

Yes, whether you are climbing, skiing, or on the plateau just hiking, it's good to have a coherent system to remember things. There is so much going on in life, that information comes and goes so quickly as it's replaced by the new shiny. And if you haven't had time to practice it, it's gone. And maybe you can remember where you saw it, but, likely not. I have tons of things bookmarked over the years, but figured out, that web pages come and go, too. So, now I usually save the webpage with the relevant information, it saves the pictures to, for tutorials and such and that way I also know where it came from, so I can see if they have something new!

As for space art, I was watching all those youtube videos with the spraypaint space art, and wondered if I could reproduce it in PD Howler (the paint program I use), and so worked on it, till I could, fairly closely! That is what I started doing with Bob Ross videos on youtube, too! So, now I do pretty good landscapes! There is always something new to learn if you look.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Try this one...but I think the problem with the camera may reoccur. I tried deleting the camera and resaving but I get a camera in the scene even when I merge the file into the scene.

Did you ever put this in the Resources Area? with the write up? It's still a wonderful resource!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If you do it in DS and export the fetlocks as a cr2 it may work. I keep thinking I must do the tutorial on this properly unfortunately I have reports to write over the next 3 weekends.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
there is probably a way to do it in poser i just need to work out how lol maybe once I have the new computer all set up

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Probably...I just have no idea as it's not a program I'm super familiar with. I can do the basics in it now but there is still a lot I don't know.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
bit like me with DS, though there are still some things I have no clue how to do in poser either