• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'm finally getting new eyeglasses!

Dylan

Eager
Do you need the coating Ron? I thought that it was only needed for working in front of CRT type (eyeburners ;) ) monitors and that LCD and LED monitors don't harm our eyes anywhere near as much.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sounds like it's all getting sorted out!! Fingers crossed :)

My computer eyeglasses have been shipped. I am making a guess that I'll receive them by Jan 22, if not sooner. Then I'll be able to see the computer screen. I'm also waiting for delivery of my "regular" progressive bi-focal eyeglasses!

Terre

Renowned
Good news, indeed. :) Once you get used to the progressives I think you'll like them.
My tri-focal progressives took a while to get used to but are very handy. I have a pair of sunglasses with the same prescription as well.

Terre, I had progressives for my previous prescription. Now I'm totally confused. I just got notice from EyeBuyDirect that they're still working on the eyeglasses. I guess I'll just wait and see.

It gets even weirder. Looks like I might actually get two pairs of computer eyeglasses. I made a mistake when I sent them my prescription. I contacted them, and they said they'd take care of it. I got notice that one pair was shipped, then notice that another was shipped. I'm sure we'll sort it out. Probably won't see the eyeglasses before Jan 22, because of the upcoming 3-day weekend.

Oh, and Zenn Optical has shipped my Progressive (bifocals) for everyday use as well!

!Milo01b.jpg

OK, things are picking up. I got my first pair of computer eyeglasses. This is the wrong prescription. EyeBuyDirect has shipped another pair of computer eyeglasses which should arrive next week.

I got two pair of eyeglasses today! I got a second pair of computer glasses, with the correct prescription this time! They didn't give me the blue tint. I'll order another pair next month with the blue tint.

I also got the Progressive (bifocal) eyeglasses.
!computer01.jpg
!zenni01.jpg

Yeah it sure is nice. I'm still trying to get used to the two different pair of eyeglasses. Sometimes I still see some blurriness. Eventually I'll see a doctor and get a recommendation about my cataracts.

Have a great day, everyone.

Hornet3d

Wise
Only just fell into this thread, so belated well done and I hope you get used to using two different pairs soon. I have had a couple of pairs for a few years now and still get confused. I sit down at the computer and wonder why I am struggling to read an email or forum and then it dawns on me that I am wearing the wrong glasses.

I also have good and bad days as I have type 2 diabetes and my eyes react to how well I am controlling my sugar levels. Due to my diabetes I have to have my eyes tested every year and most years I need to buy at least one new pair. I also have the back of my eye photographed yearly and over the last two years they have notice that start of damage to the back of my eyes. So I guess I really value each day that I can see well enough to see the computer and play with Poser.

Hornet3D, thanks for sharing your experience and thanks for the encouragement. I'm really getting used to the eyeglasses now. I can use my 27" iMac at the default screen resolution and read the text! I can sympathize with your health concerns. I had a brother who had diabetes. He lost a leg, and eventually died. His death was hastened by a traumatic experience in California that almost killed him, and his chronic alcoholism. I moved back to Minnesota a year ago to be nearer to my surviving brother. He has diabetes and is confined to a "wide" wheelchair. He takes pretty good care of himself, and has a doctor and nurse who visit him in his apartment.

Take care. I hope you have a long and happy life!

Hornet3d

Wise
Hornet3D, thanks for sharing your experience and thanks for the encouragement. I'm really getting used to the eyeglasses now. I can use my 27" iMac at the default screen resolution and read the text! I can sympathize with your health concerns. I had a brother who had diabetes. He lost a leg, and eventually died. His death was hastened by a traumatic experience in California that almost killed him, and his chronic alcoholism. I moved back to Minnesota a year ago to be nearer to my surviving brother. He has diabetes and is confined to a "wide" wheelchair. He takes pretty good care of himself, and has a doctor and nurse who visit him in his apartment.

Take care. I hope you have a long and happy life!

Thanks for your good wishes. Glad to see you are getting used to the new eyeglasses a small change in one sense but it must improve your quality of life a fair bit.

Yea diabetes does bring it's problems, thing is I have never been a junk food fan so despite the idea it is just down to a bad diet there is more to it. A big factor in mine is that it runs in the family