• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'm back :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Has to be much better than the one in the news last night. Somewhere in Italy, a big cruise ship ran amok and rammed a riverboat, and the dock.
Yes, they reported that on the news last night as well. I sat up and took notice when they first announced it, as they didn't mention it was in Italy until they were ready to give the full report.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
:wow: “An Alaskan Cruise” :applause:that’s our dream holiday.
I wonder if I ask my brother and sister-in-law if they will treat us:please:

Glad you had such a great time :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, Doug :). Alaska's been on our bucket list for a loooooong time. It was an incredible gift!

Roberta

Eager
Welcome back Alisa! Happy that the trip and the whole vacation went well:)

About the Venice accident:
things that happen because some types of ships don't have to go through canals of a city built on stilts. The mayor of the city is really angry. Now it seems that to let cruise ships pass through another channel, the administration of the piers will have to face a sea of bureaucratic things.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks Roberta :).

Very sad situation there, for sure. Sounds like it's not a good place for cruise ships to go thru.

Terre

Renowned
I hope some officials learned from that. In areas like that you need to be extra careful.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
A friend of mine went on an Alaska cruise with her father several years ago (I think they went up there to see an eclipse, or some such thing). The bad a good time, and she was very impressed by encountering trees full of eagles watching the ship.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, she was very surprised. Eagles (these were bald eagles) didn't seem to be anything remotely approaching endangered in Alaska.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
We have lots of eagles here in Washington, too. We did see a number of them up there, as well, but not trees of them! We never get tired of gorgeous scenery or critters!!