• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'm back :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
In case anyone noticed that I've not been around for about a week, I'm back (mostly). Hubby and I were treated to a cruise to Alaska by his brother and our sister-in-law. Our first time in Alaska and first time on a cruise. Loved loved loved both!

Will take me a few days to re-orient myself, but if you tried to reach me last week and couldn't, you now know why :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
AHA!!! So THAT's where you snuck off to!! Sounds like you had a great time. :D

Welcome back to The Hive. ;)

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know about you, but I found my river cruise to be quite reinvigorating.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yeah, that river cruise sounded wonderful!

We did a bunch of walking (as you'd commented ;)). BIG ship (a city actually) and 3 ports that we got out at.

Loved every minute of it (other than a bit of lack of sleep - too many things to do and some of the things were pretty early)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If I were better able to walk around and all I'd love to visit Alaska, and Canada too!
Did you get lots of pictures?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks - yes, tons of pictures, which I have to go thru. Just got a new cell phone before we left and I didn't know how to really use the camera on it, so there are many images with about 100 pictures in a row of things like my finger over the lens, someone's feet, etc ;). Had that and my normal camera, and the others took pictures, too, so will have some to share.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I Look forward to seeing them. Other than my uncle, who was stationed in Alaska while in the army, I don't know anyone here who's been there. It'll be nice to see pictures.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
My father visited Alaska when he was young. That was in the 1920s, I think. He didn't have a camera with him. Came back with lots of wild stories, but no pictures. (WAY before my time, naturally.)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't remember how old she was at the time, but my sister in law's family lived in Anchorage, Alaska, for a number of years. Before that, they lived in Trinidad.

Me ... I was over 30 before I got outside the Pacific Northwest, which was when we won a trip to Hawaii, and other than a day trip to Tijuana, I've never really been outside the US.

I think an Alaskan cruise would be rather cool. Though, I'd want it to be on one of the smaller cruise ships. I'm not good with crowds at all, and if I were on one of the larger cruise ships, I'd probably rarely, if ever, leave my room. More of a chance of me actually going outside my room if I were on a small cruise ship with less than 100 people.

Give me a book and a comfy place to sit, and I'm perfectly happy. Which is one reason my vacations tend to be Fridays during the summer rather than taking an entire week off at a time. Not much sense in that if you're just gonna stay home :p

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I haven't been outside the US other than Canada. Yeah, this was not a little ship, lol. More like a city. But our room (lovely as it was) had no windows or balcony, so we didn't stay in there too much. They had a library there, and lots of other places to sit and read, so you could plant yourself there (no windows, but a view of the open ship interior). The Cafe (where the buffet is) has big windows on both sides, so it's a nice place to sit and look out or read, drink some coffee, tea, ice tea, water, milk, and juices.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Looks great from what I saw on their site. I can see why you had such a good time. :)

Terre

Renowned
That sounds great. :D
The only time I was in Alaska was when I was 5 and we had a half hour stopover during the night on the flight from the US to Japan. I guess they were refueling the plane or something.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
It is, Miss B :)

That sounds logical, Terre. Japan sounds like a fascinating place to go!

Terre

Renowned
Dad was Civil Service working for the Army and had been transferred to a port in Japan. I spent Kindergarten and 1st grand there. With Dad being a former archaeologist and mother an Anthropology student we went lots of interesting place during those two years.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Wow - so cool, Terre!

Yeah, I read about that, Dana. Not good.