• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I *think* this might be an illegal download site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Do a search for horse. I saw the site in a Renderosity post about illegal content. I don't see any downloads but I think you need to be logged in. I don't want to register to find out.

Edited to remove link.

Last edited by a moderator:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
@CWRW they have all your products there , mostly uploaded after April 28 2021 , seems like a leak from Rendo shoppers, yes the users download it for free , they even complain not last updates included .
@Janet it is not smart to post link to the website, now everyone go there to get their files for free , PM message would better, pls remove the URL, not need more advertising .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I just removed the link from her post.
Thanks Miss B , the problem is that one person buy things, share with friend and friends share with others for free since they pay nothing for it, I wonder how they would feel If I go to their front door , take their car and share it with someone that needs it . Websites like that hosting criminal activity and should be shut down. I shut down a lot of websites links from Google search via Google, but dealing with the websites need higher power and judge order. They are mostly scams and advertising making money websites not even located in the USA attracts users with stolen goodies just so they click on the adds. Criminals nothing more nothing less.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Not a problem Janet, it was easy to fix.
I was so shocked after seeing everything there I didn't even stop to think about posting a link and why I shouldn't. :rolleyes:

I showed Faery Light her product there and she said it links to her Renderosity store so that's something.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It is terrible that this happens! :somad:
I agree Flint, but this isn't something new. I've seen this happen decades ago when I was only working in 2D graphics, including software, not just things you buy to use in the software.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I showed Faery Light her product there and she said it links to her Renderosity store so that's something.
Unfortunately, no one who uses a site like that regularly is going to go to her Renderosity Store to buy it. That's a shame.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I was so shocked after seeing everything there I didn't even stop to think about posting a link and why I shouldn't. :rolleyes:

I did not register but I believe once you register you have access , other way people would not thanks for the files or ask for updates or even complain about old version.
They using the link to load all files like promos and some info .
There was once a vendor on Second life that selling all my characters and textures , You believe the company did something ? they ask me to go to the court and prove it was mine , Vendor in Sweden , I was at this time in Amsterdam and store in USA how you handle that? . They made money on a stolen products without care.

Hornet3d

Wise
In his interview in the recent Poser Creator Series, Ken 1171 was saying that Renderosity has some how protected the python scripts in Poser 12 so it would be good if they could extend that. It is also one of the few benefits of the 'phone home feature' in that is should limit most illegal users to pre Poser 11/12 software. As all the new stuff is for Poser 12 that should at least limit the pirating of the latest content.

I have lost one or two so say friends over the years who have become upset when I would not give them a copy of a program I had purchased but it is a policy I have stuck to for thirty plus years. Family members know of my dislike of piracy and my policy so they never ask for copies.

Willowisp

Adventurous
It is also one of the few benefits of the 'phone home feature' in that is should limit most illegal users to pre Poser 11/12 software.
Most software today have a 'phone home' feature. It still gets cracked. It doesn't work. It only inconveniences legal users. Personally, I will not buy any software with this feature, which is why I mostly only use OS software.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
They pay people to upload every new product , how newer it is how better .. it is. particularly a website hosting all products of HW for free, including all my products I ever made as well , Rendo and Daz
And nobody did anything for 4 years about that ? they literally write instructions how to commit a crime and get pay for it , hosting the files on another server for hosting like Dropbox , but different name .. well going to write them an official letter .

Hornet3d

Wise
Most software today have a 'phone home' feature. It still gets cracked. It doesn't work. It only inconveniences legal users. Personally, I will not buy any software with this feature, which is why I mostly only use OS software.

I do understand that the phone home can be hacked, what ever defence that can be built can also be defeated. I have never liked the phone home feature, and as particularly upset the sneaky way Smith Micro introduced it, but then I do not like piracy as the paying customer still pays as prices either need to increase so the vendor can still make a profit despite the privacy or the vendor gives up and stops writing content.

At least with the Poser 12 Renderosity have a work around for those whose PC is not connected to the Internet full time.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
They pay people to upload every new product , how newer it is how better .. it is. particularly a website hosting all products of HW for free, including all my products I ever made as well , Rendo and Daz
And nobody did anything for 4 years about that ? they literally write instructions how to commit a crime and get pay for it , hosting the files on another server for hosting like Dropbox , but different name .. well going to write them an official letter .
Careful with that. I showed someone on there their product and they said they tried earlier to get it off there but got bombarded with trojans and viruses. Make sure your antivirus is up to date if you do.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Careful with that. I showed someone on there their product and they said they tried earlier to get it off there but got bombarded with trojans and viruses. Make sure your antivirus is up to date if you do.
I will not talk to the people Janet as that will not work , I have a better idea ...

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yes, get the Internet Police after them. You shouldn't be doing it yourself.
of course not .. one best thing to do is not share the links in public , how less people know about it how better.
I will let the professionals to deal with stuff like that .

Status
Not open for further replies.