• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I need some advice...

eclark1894

Visionary
Wow... I'm guessing you're stateside... down under all I have to do is take the SIM card out of the old phone and place it in another phone.. alternatively if changing provider all I do is buy the SIM card about $5 from the new provider and log onto the new provider website and transfer the number from the old provider to the new one... did my sons only last week and took 10 minutes for the changeover to occur..

Good luck....
Didn't fit. But it was the first thing I tried.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
My older brothers blokia phone fell into the canal last summer when we were all playing there. We couldn't see where it was until I used my phone to call his. The screen lit up even though it was in the canal, so we fished it out and dried it in the sun. But it didn't work after that.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Didn't fit. But it was the first thing I tried.
Yes, I would think sim cards differ from brand name to brand name. They might be similar if both phones were the same brand, but otherwise, no I wouldn't expect them to be the same size, or the bracket inside the phone the same size.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
mmm.. here you get the one large Sim card but can be reduced in size by popping out the micro or nano from the bigger one so it doesn't matter what brand of phone or how old it is that you have..

if you have the larger sim that doesn't have the pop out you can cut it down using a sharp pair of scissors.. I have done this also.

I also keep the left over larger card after it's been popped out for the nano as an upsizer just in case it's needed by someone with an older phone.

edited to add... sims from different provider networks wont work in an unlocked phone.. you have to contact your provider to unlock the phone before you can put another sim in it from another provider's network.. but the sims are all the same.

Last edited:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
My older brothers blokia phone fell into the canal last summer when we were all playing there. We couldn't see where it was until I used my phone to call his. The screen lit up even though it was in the canal, so we fished it out and dried it in the sun. But it didn't work after that.

lol... my daughter dropped hers into the toilet bowl... I always thought nah that would never happen to anyone.. lol

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Used to be that Yahoo let you have more than one email address so that you could choose which one you wanted to have email sent to, but the other ones were alternates. I had my main yahoo address, then I had my comcast address that I used in Outlook and it would send my Yahoo mail straight to my computer....not a phone. Then I had my msn address which also went to my computer. So I could choose 3 different places that Yahoo would send my mail.

Also, to reset password, most sites say 'what is the last password you remember using for this account'. If I can come close, they take it and send a verification email. Just have them send it to an email you use on your computer and not your phone.

Plus, I have a lined writing tablet (yes real paper and pencil) and I keep all my website email addys and pwd in it. I also have a text file on both my computer and my phone with the same. I've had to use them many times.

eclark1894

Visionary
Used to be that Yahoo let you have more than one email address so that you could choose which one you wanted to have email sent to, but the other ones were alternates. I had my main yahoo address, then I had my comcast address that I used in Outlook and it would send my Yahoo mail straight to my computer....not a phone. Then I had my msn address which also went to my computer. So I could choose 3 different places that Yahoo would send my mail.

Also, to reset password, most sites say 'what is the last password you remember using for this account'. If I can come close, they take it and send a verification email. Just have them send it to an email you use on your computer and not your phone.

Plus, I have a lined writing tablet (yes real paper and pencil) and I keep all my website email addys and pwd in it. I also have a text file on both my computer and my phone with the same. I've had to use them many times.
Actually, I do have two Yahoo addresses. However, my first one got hacked a few years ago and I've since pretty much abandoned it. Although I do drop in from time to time to clean out the clutter.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Did you change the password on the site that got hacked?

That's awful that you were picked out to get hacked. I'm sure sometimes it's a completely random thing.

eclark1894

Visionary
Did you change the password on the site that got hacked?

That's awful that you were picked out to get hacked. I'm sure sometimes it's a completely random thing.
Yes, I've changed the password a lot since then. I can't even remember what it is.