• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I need some advice...

eclark1894

Visionary
Recently, I did something rather foolish and accidently washed my phone. It's toast. I finally decided it was time for me to upgrade from the flip phone style i had before and bought a smartphone. I was going to transfer my old phone number to my new one, but I'm not sure i can. Today, I went to my yahoo account and was going to put in my new phone number so Yahoo could text me a new password when I inevitably forget my Yahoo account password. Again, stymied. I can get into my account to check my email, but if i try to change any info such as password or my phone number, Yahoo asks me to login again with the password i can't remember. Tried to find Yahoo chat, but stymied again by the same circumstances. Anybody got any ideas? I can still access my email for now, but don't know how much longer that's going to last.

SndCastie

Admirable
QAV-BEE
If you have any rice put your phone in rice and let it sit overnight in the rice will draw the water out of your phone and you might be able to get your information also what browser do you use on your phone or internet you might try to look in the options and security and see if your pass word it there .

eclark1894

Visionary
If you have any rice put your phone in rice and let it sit overnight in the rice will draw the water out of your phone and you might be able to get your information also what browser do you use on your phone or internet you might try to look in the options and security and see if your pass word it there .

Sadly the phone IS toast. It's in pieces, although I do still have the Sim card which seems to be okay.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmmm, when I got my current phone, my first smartphone, I was at my provider's local store, and they copied the contents from my old phone's sim card to my new phone's sim card. I don't recall if they did it phone-to-phone, or they copied it locally on their system, and then back to my new phone, but maybe you can do the same with your sim card assuming, of course, it is indeed OK.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Your mobile service provider should've activated your new phone under your current phone number.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I'm notoriously cheap, and hate contracts, so I just bought the phone from WalMart. It is a Tracfone, so I just buy new minutes every month. I couldn't get them to do that at first, but maybe I'll try again.

eclark1894

Visionary
Isnt there an option to reset the password on yahoo?
Yes and no. Here's the problem. I can get into my email account for now to read, write and send emails. I can even delete them. But If I try to reset my password or enter any new information in my profile, the account requires me to log back in, using the password that I forgot.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Isn't there a feature to request a forgotten password? That's how most forms work. Then Yahoo will send you a temporary password so you can get into your account, and then you can reset it to a password you'd prefer.

eclark1894

Visionary
Isn't there a feature to request a forgotten password? That's how most forms work. Then Yahoo will send you a temporary password so you can get into your account, and then you can reset it to a password you'd prefer.

They would send it to you via text message. On the phone that I no longer have.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
@eclark1894

I just bought a new TracFone. How do I transfer my phone number?

In order to transfer your phone number, go to the "Activate/Reactivate Phone" button on our website and then select the option that you need. You can also contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-867-7183 so that a representative can transfer that information for you. Please note that when you complete a phone upgrade from a smartphone to a non-smartphone, you will not be able to transfer any remaining minutes in your account, so you will lose those minutes.

More about moving the number, minutes, etc: TracFone Wireless

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Kind of a catch-22. I know sometimes they send a temp password to an alternate email, but if to your old phone...seems like you are up a creek without a paddle.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hmmmmm, when I got my current phone, my first smartphone, I was at my provider's local store, and they copied the contents from my old phone's sim card to my new phone's sim card. I don't recall if they did it phone-to-phone, or they copied it locally on their system, and then back to my new phone, but maybe you can do the same with your sim card assuming, of course, it is indeed OK.

There are devices available allowing you to copy and back up SIM contents and they are not too expensive. When working in a phone shop I discovered that the phone to phone copy only usually works well if the new and old phone are the same brand. I purchase my own copier for use in store as I found it easier and more reliable.

McGyver

Energetic
I'm gonna be of no help with any advice in regards to the specific request...
But I will say, don't feel bad about destroying your phone.
I've been buying the crazy strongest military grade cases I can find for years, and yet I've managed to mow one phone with my tractor and drown another by diving into a pool while carrying bucket full of wasps...
Apparently to be completely waterproof all the little rubber flaps have to be closed.
Washing a phone is not the worst thing I've seen people I know do to their phones.
I hope you didn't lose any important data or photos.

Miss B

CV-BEE
There are devices available allowing you to copy and back up SIM contents and they are not too expensive. When working in a phone shop I discovered that the phone to phone copy only usually works well if the new and old phone are the same brand. I purchase my own copier for use in store as I found it easier and more reliable.
Yes, I'm not sure they did mine phone to phone. I'm pretty sure they copied it locally and then copied it back to my new phone.

That said, I've never bought a phone from anyone but my provider, as they've said on more than one occasion, I'd have to bring the phone to them so they can install the proper software to be usable with their service. I'd rather have a contract than have to go through that whole process. I can see Earl's point of not wanting to have to pay for a contract, I just prefer to let "them" (my provider) do what's necessary to get a new phone set up.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Once you get this sorted Earl, make sure you have your data, address book and all that backed up. I use GMail so I have an auto backup set up there so I get a new phone, sign in and watch the magic happen.