• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yes, isn't that new Space 2 set by Flink a nice one. I think I got my best night sky ever from that, and all I used was the background stars sphere, and one of the other star fields.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes, isn't that new Space 2 set by Flink a nice one. I think I got my best night sky ever from that, and all I used was the background stars sphere, and one of the other star fields.

As you say the new Space 2 by Flink is really good, I hesitated before putting it in the cart as I already had Space one but when I did a comparison it was clear that Space 2 is a big step up. I often find getting a realistic looking night sky is difficult but as you have discovered Space 2 works well in that respect.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And the Firefly materials render just fine in 3DL. At least for the parts I was using.

Hornet3d

Wise
And the Firefly materials render just fine in 3DL. At least for the parts I was using.

I only use Poser and Superfly these days but it it nice to know it works with 3DL although knowing the standard of Flink's content I am not surprised.

Hornet3d

Wise
It was not the part of town the Caoimhe visited very often leaving her felling vulnerable and very much on edge. It was a necessary evil though, if you wanted the sort of information she was looking for, it was not to be found in the more select parts of the city.

DarkSide HW.jpg

Container Houses Set from 1971S

Metal House Set for Poser from 1971S

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have watched these funny Korean "Bellygom" videos where a guy dressed in a pink gummy bear suit scares people on the streets, and I had this sudden need to model that funny bear into 3D. It was a good modeling exercise in low poly topology, 99% quads with clean edge loops. All details are in geometry, no textures. It ended up with about 1,000 polys, made with traditional box modeling in 3DSMAX. Rendered in Poser as a prop.

Bellygum.jpg

Here's a turntable Bellygom animation in Poser "Toon With Line" preview mode. This is good to reveal any geometry glitches, because if there were any, they would show in this mode. Thankfully, nothing showed up. Mission accomplished! ^____^

Bellygum.gif