• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe had serious concerns over Turlough's plan and made her concerns quite clear.

"You do realise that getting any one of these ancient beasts to fire is a forlorn hope, let alone more than one."

"Yes but even if they blow themselves apart it will send more than a few thousand pieces of shrapnel into the surrounding space. That should give the invasion force a small headache at least.

"Which will do us no good as we will be part of the shrapnel."

"Well you are welcome to stay if you insist but I have no plans to be in this sector, let alone on any one of these tugs."

"Tugs, you mean there is more than one?"

"There are ten possible in total, but the final number deployed will depend just how much time our foes gives us."

The Gamble HW.jpg

Scene is Orbital Dreadnought by coflek-gnorg.

robert952

Brilliant
in Carrara

Reminds me of joke about a pilot from the war talking about fighting some 'Fokkers' during an interview. The interviewer advised the audience that Fokkers were a type of war plane. The pilot said "Yes, but these fokkers were Messerschmitts."

Hornet3d

Wise
The restaurant was deserted but then it was early in the evening and, having seen the prices on the way in, Caoimhe doubted it was ever crowded. Clearly Turlough was trying to impress by booking a table at somewhere so select.

Fine Dining HW.jpg

Location - Fine Dining for Poser by BlueTreeStudio

Hair - Adedayo hair by Afrodite-Ohki

Dress - Cheongsam Dress for Dawn by Ken1171_Designs

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Reminds me of joke about a pilot from the war talking about fighting some 'Fokkers' during an interview. The interviewer advised the audience that Fokkers were a type of war plane. The pilot said "Yes, but these fokkers were Messerschmitts."
Douglas Bader :inverted:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Just Playing.
Who's "just playing" . . . you, or them? ;)

Those are interesting planets in the sky, and I'm assuming one of them is Earth, possibly the large one, because the small one's light colored surface looks more like a moon.

Hornet3d

Wise
Who's "just playing" . . . you, or them? ;)

Those are interesting planets in the sky, and I'm assuming one of them is Earth, possibly the large one, because the small one's light colored surface looks more like a moon.

Pure play on my part and the scene is really a quick and dirty in that I used the Easy Environments: ExoPlanet III by Flipmode. I spent most of the time trying to get the pose right as there are few Dawn plus M4 pose sets so I had to start with a V4 pose on Dawn. Still not happy with the pose if I am honest and it is only now I see that there is a danger of the water running off to the right of the picture. Definitely needs more work but I sort of like the concept.

Hornet3d

Wise
I like FM's products as well, as I have 7 of them, though not the one you used.

I have 27 of the Easy Environments which I think goes to prove just how lazy I can be even when it comes to my art. They are so useful in that you have the option of the sky or the sky and scene and then there is the lighting setup that can be used with either. They are often my first port of call if I am trying out new ideas or new content, so that I am using similar setups to be able to make comparisons. Most were purchased at Rendo although a lot were also purchased from Daz.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Now I didn't even know he sold at Renderosity, as I purchased mine years ago when I was still hanging out at DAZ.

Hornet3d

Wise
There are seven easy environments available at Rendo which are not available over at Daz, also these seven work in Poser where his latest work over at Daz appears to be Daz only.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm sure his newer DAZ products aren't for Poser. I bought them years ago at DAZ, and are all usable in Poser.

Of the sets he has at Renderosity, I'm liking the Easy Environments: Autumn Hills, but it will have to wait for a sale.

Hornet3d

Wise
I'm sure his newer DAZ products aren't for Poser. I bought them years ago at DAZ, and are all usable in Poser.

Of the sets he has at Renderosity, I'm liking the Easy Environments: Autumn Hills, but it will have to wait for a sale.

Certainly a lot of the most recent content at Daz states clearly states - The file format is native .DUF for 3Delight and Iray so you can't get any clearer than that.

Autumn Hills is great and I have used it a number of times both as is and also with the Autumn Hills Sunny add on, I can understand you waiting though as I purchased the Autumn Hills almost a year ago at a prime price of $8.97 and Autumn Hills Sunny a couple of months ago for half price.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not in a rush, as I don't necessarily have a project in mind for it right now. As for the Autumn Hills Sunny, which is not an add-on, as you can use it standalone, I'd have to see whether I'd want it after I've played with the Easy Environments Autumn Hills a few times.

Hornet3d

Wise
I'm not in a rush, as I don't necessarily have a project in mind for it right now. As for the Autumn Hills Sunny, which is not an add-on, as you can use it standalone, I'd have to see whether I'd want it after I've played with the Easy Environments Autumn Hills a few times.

Sorry your right, I used the wrong term, Autumn Hills Sunny is not an addon but a standalone product that compliments Autumn Hills if you wish to use the two that way.

I rarely pay full price for any content as I rarely see something I can use straight away. I did pay full price in the early days but money is tighter now and even if it does generate an idea for a scene I often have something in my runtime that I can make do with.

Miss B

CV-BEE
No problem Hornet, as I initially thought it was an add-on as well. Then I spotted the comment on the product page that said it could be used standalone, or together with the Easy Environments package.

As far as paying full price, I don't believe I've ever done that, especially not for newer versions of software.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've got another publication project in the editing stage. It may not get posted for a while, between my class and the author's job. But with any luck it ought to be up before the end of the year.

Actually, this one went dormant for about a year thanks to the pandemic, so I might have posted a few of the early illos earlier in the thread. However, with 430 pages of thread to check, I'm not about to do that.

So. These are page shots, complete with the analog art filter and the background graphic. Introducing: 'Birds of a Feather: Voyage #3'.

It starts off in Britain, with Rita Skeeter, visiting Narcissa Malfoy for tea. And gossip.

Frontspiece.jpg