• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Scary thought them reaching 40. I still remember watching he man and the xmen cartoons with him and playing alex the kid on the sega. With the younger two it was pokemon, sailor moon and dragonball z.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What I find a scary thought is, my nephew turned 60 in January, and his sister turns 57 this month.

Then again, my brother was 12 1/2 years older than me, and went to Vietnam right after he and my sister-in-law got married, so they didn't have my nephew until 8 years later, because my brother first went to college when he got back home. Soooo, the kids would've been born a number of years earlier, and THAT really makes me feel even weirder. ~Sheesh~

Stezza

Dances with Bees
my oldest nephew turned 51 this year! my niece was our flower girl when she was 10... she turns 50 this year! OMG!!!!
o_O :eek: :flower02:
went wild & wacky today!...... sign of old age I think! o_O
started with a cube in Carrara then just went wild after that

guesses?.....

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
What I find a scary thought is, my nephew turned 60 in January, and his sister turns 57 this month.

Then again, my brother was 12 1/2 years older than me, and went to Vietnam right after he and my sister-in-law got married, so they didn't have my nephew until 8 years later, because my brother first went to college when he got back home. Soooo, the kids would've been born a number of years earlier, and THAT really makes me feel even weirder. ~Sheesh~
You want weird my younger brother is 42 this year. He was a late life baby. My eldest nephew was on the top floor of the hospital being born when my mum was told she was pregnant. She could hear the doctor telling the technician that he was worried she was going to fall off her chair with shock. Dad wouldn't believe her until they did the ultrasound. They called him Adam as he was the start of a new generation so to speak. I was 19 years old at the time.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You want weird my younger brother is 42 this year. He was a late life baby. My eldest nephew was on the top floor of the hospital being born when my mum was told she was pregnant. She could hear the doctor telling the technician that he was worried she was going to fall off her chair with shock. Dad wouldn't believe her until they did the ultrasound. They called him Adam as he was the start of a new generation so to speak. I was 19 years old at the time.
I wasn't quite a "late life" baby, but I was totally unexpected. My brother was a very sickly child who was born with puss in his blood, and needed immediate complete transfusions. My mom didn't want to have another child right away, because that would've taken her attention away from my brother, who really needed it as an infant and small child.

As it turned out my mother had some kind of painful attack shortly after he was born, and they didn't know what was causing it at the time, because the stoic woman she was refused to go to the doctor. Then when my brother was about 10, doing fine, in school and all, she had another attack worse than the first one, and my father told her she was going to the doctor even if he had to throw her over his shoulder and carry her there.

Turned out, my mother had a non-cancerous tumor the size and color of an eggplant on one of her ovaries, and when she told me all about this years ago, we realized that my brother was probably conceived in that ovary, and was why he was born with the puss in his blood, and why she couldn't conceive when she decided it was time to have another child. About 1 1/2 years after the ovary with the tumor was removed, her doctor gave her the good news, that she was pregnant again. She was, IIRC, about 35/36 when she had me, which now-a-days is not too old to have children, but back then it was unusual, except for the fact she already had a child, so I wasn't her first.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
That reminds me of my own story Pen , my brother is 24 years older than me and his son Adam the first grandchild is 48 years old, we are 3 years apart.

robert952

Brilliant
Thanks for a great trip down memory lane!
I actually worked this out in high school with a similar graphic. I should have saved my work.

Now let's address the Grandfather paradox of time travel which has a solution if you buy into Schrodinger's cat problem of two possible quantum states.
(And you thought being your own grandpa was a mind-bender!)

robert952

Brilliant
General comment...kind of OT but appropriate. People must be getting back to some kind of 'normal'. It could be my imagination. However, I notice that the number of postings to the forums seems to have increased recently.

Hornet3d

Wise
General comment...kind of OT but appropriate. People must be getting back to some kind of 'normal'. It could be my imagination. However, I notice that the number of postings to the forums seems to have increased recently.

My wife and I are still doing the same things day to day as we have been doing for the last twelve months. Lock down here in the UK has eased recently as you can now go into pubs and restaurants as long as you observe social distancing rules. Lock down is meant to be lifted on 21st June but there is a question mark due to the Indian Variant that is appearing in certain parts of the UK. Whatever happens on 21st June I suspect will make little difference to the two of us as we have just adjusted our lifestyle to meet the new challenges and do not intend to change much at all.

I am posting more at the moment but that is really down to the new scripts that Ken 1171 has been writing for Poser 12 and have been launched in the last few weeks. That is not to say that others haven't increased their posts due to life getting back to normal but that is not situation for me.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Stezza, I always love the stuff you come up with.

My coworker was just doing a Marvin the Martian routine on the phone last week. But then, he does that every few weeks or so. Not sure how the little dude comes up. Probably because his solution for earth was always to blow it up.