• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Done in 3Delight and postworked in GIMP
I am trying out night scenes again!
View attachment 64884

I find night scenes very difficult, having the balance of having a point of interest lit correctly but still having enough light for the rest of the scene seems particularly difficult. This render works well as the food stall is well lit and creates interest while the seated women can still be seen with ease. Well Done.

Riccardo

Adventurous
well, you never know when you need a bandaid :inverted:
Spaceman in Carrara

This reminds me of the good old UFO tv series where the astronauts had a special paste to fix accidental holes in their spacesuits :)

Shanarah

Admirable
My BF and I have been watching Dragonball and it reminded me how much I loved Yamcha as a kid, so I decided to try my hand at dialing him up. It's nothing too exciting, just something quick so I could share. He's a G8M rendered in DS.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Professors Snape and McGonagall polyjuice as the Dursleys, and see Harry off through the barrier at Platform 9 3/4. The Malfoys are already on the platform and Draco hauls Harry off to a compartment, introducing him to his friends Crabbe and Goyle. Or perhaps that should be; introducing him to the sons of his father's retainers, Crabbe and Goyle.

Their first "adventure" is some time later when a tearful Neville Longbottom turns up looking for his toad. Harry remembers a spell for summoning a familiar in a book of his father's which is in his trunk. So they haul the trunk down, find the book, and Harry encourages a doubtful Neville to try it.

It works to perfection. Neville is delighted, Draco is reluctantly impressed, and they all settle down for lunch.

In 2011:
2011.jpg

And in 2020:
2020.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice render JV, though I don't think I'd have the patience for a 6 hour render.