• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
some more Carrara modelling yesterday... and you can get Mr Billy for Carrara in the wacky modelling thread over yonder.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Okay, terrible try, but practice makes perfect right...first render in about 2 years I think...might be less...mind has gone blank!

Attachments

• Maddison.png
    Maddison.png
    673.2 KB · Views: 147

Hornet3d

Wise
I was looking at that set yesterday. Nicely done. :)

Thank you for the positive comment. I love almost all of coflek-gnorg's creations and have a large runtime filled with such content. I thank I have most, if not all, of the Bubble Habitat modules and the new Colony Creations are fully compatible with the Bubble Habitat units which provides a vast pool to create scenes from.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Coklek-gnorg has some great stuff. I've quite a number of his non-SciFi models. And a few of those, as well, just because of the "too cool" factor.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Time for a cross-post!

Lunch with Narcissa and Draco was followed up by a formal invitation to dinner at Malfoy Manor. Harry had never seen peacocks before. He had thought that they were more , um, colorful.

And let me tell you that after clocking in at 4 days, 22 hours, I will NOT be casually rendering peacocks.
But I was very glad to finally have them.

I had to do without peacocks back in 2011.
2011.jpg

And in 2020:
2020.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Coklek-gnorg has some great stuff. I've quite a number of his non-SciFi models. And a few of those, as well, just because of the "too cool" factor.
Yes, I have a dozen of coflek-norg's goodies, and I really should be looking at some of them again, as it's been a while since I used any of them. Hmmmm . . . .

Hornet3d

Wise
The friction between the two women was obvious to anyone who took more than a cursory glance at their body language. The population of that had survived the destruction of the fleet consisted of far more women than men, a problem at the best of times, but a complete disaster for someone like Chantel for whom one man was never enough. Caoimhe would have disliked her for that fact alone but Chantel's constant flirting with Turlough incensed her. The fact that Chantel was so overdressed for a meeting that she knew Turlough would be involved in at some point only added to Caoimhe's anger. She had yet to admit to herself that part of this anger was that Chantel's action had brought her to realise she had some genuine feelings for Turlough.

Breif Encounters HW.jpg

Another coflek-gnorg scene, this time the Colony Briefing Room.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
One of the highlights of the visit to the Manor is a lesson in flying. Lucius Malfoy turns out to be an excellent flying instructor. And the Manor grounds are extensive enough that they have none to consider being seen. Across the gardens over the meadow and through the orchard, weaving among the trees.

Harry Loves magic.

This is the last illo of 'The Best Revenge: volume 1, The Accidental Guardian'.

2011.jpg

And 2020.
2020.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
so I seen this cute cat somewhere yesterday and someone commented they'd like a halloween pumpkin with a cat carved out..

so wacky me decided to model a wacky halloween pumpkin with a carved out wacky cat! and share it for all ( who have Carrara
devil
)

it's over yonder in the Carrara Wacky Modeling Thread :flower02:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, nice Stezza. At first glance at Alice's pumpkins, I thought they were add-on textures. Now I see they have been actually carved into the pumpkin. Kewl. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
So, on to volume #2 of 'The Best Revenge'.
'The Best Revenge: Harry at Hogwarts'

There may be a point where the posts slow down, since I'm only just past halfway through the project, but I'll give fair warning if I hit a blank spot where I haven't got the next illo built yet.

I've already posted the cover some pages back. I've made some modifications, but not enough to be worth a re-post. So I'll start with the Frontspiece. Frontspieces depict where the story opens, and in this case it's on the Hogwarts Express.

The 2011 version, for once, is not an embarrassment. It took a truckload of postwork, and I'm not about to do it again, but I'm not embarrassed. The background was done in Carrara, which I haven't a clue about how to use, but I can open up one of Howie Farkes sets and point a camera at it as well as anyone else. The train was done in Studio, and the final composite is about 78% Photoshop.

The 2020 version was all done in Studio using assets which, apart from the flock formations (and maybe the trees), were built for Poser.

2011:
2011.jpg

And 2020:
2020.jpg